Simplex Fun Kart?

Thanks, found a manco that was square tubing and mine has manco rums and steering wheel. Wandering where they got the Simplex decal now.

Harquebus

I think it's a Simplex steering wheel on a homemade kart... but it's very well made kart IMO.

Actually that's a Kelch "semi" wheel steering wheel, vintage, and often seen on Manco karts and Sears re-branded Manco karts.
Wheels are "Manco" but also seen on a few other manufacturer's karts and bikes, but more well-known as a Manco wheel.

The mystery deepens. What do all the stickers and decals say? It also appears that someone took the time to rivet on some kind of nameplate on the rear of the kart. What does it say, best you can tell?

Thanks, found a manco that was square tubing and mine has manco rums and steering wheel. Wandering where they got the Simplex decal now.
A Manco with square tubing? That I'd like to see, since you're suggesting it came that way from the factory.

Harquebus

I think you're closer to the kart's origin than we are. It could be a Manco or a Simplex, but it's way early. Early 70s, late 60s?

Thanks for the old ads. Wish they were all in a larger format but it's likely they were designed to fit the corner of a magazine page.
Plus your phone has its limitations as well.

Thanks! The research is the funnest of restoring anything.
My engine is a 68 but don't think it's correct unless they used lightning/charging coils on go karts. The rims and sprocket are Manco, just ordered a pt#6282 sprocket (54 tooth 41/420/40). Thanks again!

Attachments

Last edited:
My best guess is that since Simplex was sold in 1972 to Manco or like manufacturer, who used name on their karts. Simplex to my knowledge only made karts with drum brakes. So I would say post 72' beast.