Simplex Sportsman Compact

Yep I got this on Ebay, cleaned out gas tank with electrolysis this week and put back on today, got my Continental Red Seal manual today so I'll change the oil, plug fuel line and start it up soon.
I pictured side of tank most worn, bike is in all original condition, complete with key, title.
Anyone know how to preserve decal on gas tank from further wear, I want to ride it.

Yes I got on ebay, Engine is cast with AA7 model, the manual has now been received and it's fair, kind of a mix of different quality reprints, basic information is there not much detail. I've seen on Simplex site where the engine is referred as an AU10.

Thanks, I removed rust from gas tank with electrolysis which worked great, re-wired ignition wiring, set points, replaced butchered Morse-Fairbanks recoil starter from my stock, turned key, she started first pull. I hoped on and rode it, very strong engine at 175cc!

Your engine is a Continental AU10 (early) or 1120 (later). All Continental small engines part numbers, including castings, had AA7 prefix. Nice bike. Air cleaner decal is not original.