Simplex Sportsman

What year is the H70? Would that have gone on a mini bike? AMF? Harley?
AMF made snowblowers in the 70s, seen them around here pretty often. My guess is that's what that H70 is from, either that or a roto tiller.

Hey, I thought that picture looked familiar. I took it years ago and according to the seller the bike was all original, flat fenders and all:thumbsup:. He told me it was around '63

AMF made snowblowers in the 70s, seen them around here pretty often. My guess is that's what that H70 is from, either that or a roto tiller.

Hey, I thought that picture looked familiar. I took it years ago and according to the seller the bike was all original, flat fenders and all:thumbsup:. He told me it was around '63

The grips are not original..or the tires...etc etc...:laugh:

I can see the grips not being OG ......but the tires? Those are the same Generals that were on mine when I got it:innocent:

Tell me more about the etc etc.....

Last edited:
I can see the grips not being OG ......but the tires? Those are the same Generals that were on mine when I got it:innocent:

Tell me more about the etc etc.....
As I look through the pics...I see 80% with rounded fenders...and 20% with flat. I wonder what the difference is in years or how they decipher them. I was stretching on the tires..lol. But mine came with the different style tire in 63.

As I look through the pics...I see 80% with rounded fenders...and 20% with flat. I wonder what the difference is in years or how they decipher them.
I've seen both the rounded and flat, I think the earlier bikes had the flat ones.:shrug:
That black bike at the swap meet was real nice, definitely a survivor and I wish I would have taken more than one picture of it. It ended up on ebay and as a local pick up only it sold very low. Haven't seen it since and that was a few years ago.

I rode one of these back in the mid 60's. It had a racing Mac engine on it with 3 carbs and reed valves. It was in the era of some heavy gocart racing and the guy that had it was a racer. It was quite fast and had great acceleration as well. I never got it to top speed but I am sure it would run at least 60mph. It was faster than my Harley 165 that I had at the time. He wanted to sell it to me but I had all my money tied up in the Harley. It had a maverick switch on it like he had on all his racing motors. The maverick switch bypassed the points when they started bouncing and made the spark plug act as a glow plug. The engine would wind up till it did not have enough power to push the wind. Lots of RPM's and very loud. There was two active cart tracks in the area and he held the track record at both. He did not drive the carts. He paid a driver. He just wrenched on the carts. The carts had 2 motors and he pulled both motors on Saturday nite after the race and put new racing rings in and retimed them and re-set the motor after changing the gear. Up early Sunday morn and off to the other track for racing. He was in the process of adding a third motor when he moved to another town and I lost track of him and his carts.

I'd let it go for $500... Much like the Bonanza I sold to David Wulf at Windber. I know I wouldn't do this bike justice. And I think its worth a nice restore. Not everyday do you find a mini bike made in 1962. But I have my trike to work on and my micro bike. That will keep me busy through the winter since I will be limited after my surgery next week. Randy for that price I will drop it off Sunday.