Simplex Sportsman

Here is the thread.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/what-is-it-/80858-simplex-sportsman-model-please.html#post709799
I found mine on the left side on the flat piece that goes from the frame to the neck. Based on what the thread says mine would be a 1962.
Serial number 1426
Thanks for the info. I found a number on mine in the same spot, but it's a little different. Your numbers were stamped horizontally, while mine were vertical. plus I've got an extra number:46514. I would assume it's a '65?

Thanks for the info. I found a number on mine in the same spot, but it's a little different. Your numbers were stamped horizontally, while mine were vertical. plus I've got an extra number:46514. I would assume it's a '65?
It said next to the 6 was the year. It didnt say on which side but either 64 or 65? You can ask [MENTION=17470]dw1973[/MENTION] . He seems to know.

Last edited:
Simplex used the flat fenders for 3 years. 1962 Sportsman with Clinton engine. 1963 Sportsman with Continental AU10 engine. 1964 Sportsman Compact Model A with Briggs engine. Simplex had several models in 64, but only the Model A had the flat fenders. Only flat fender models had the black and red tank design.

Attachments