Site Feedback

Hent

So after looking over the unsuccessful minibike of the month contest, this month I decided to ask you guys what you'd think would make the site better.

I finally had a chance to update the home page (still need to finish the arctic cat stuff, though).

Someone had mentioned that their bike(s) weren't complete enough to enter into the MBOTM contest... so I got to thinking that maybe a section on the home page, devoted to peoples projects would be a good idea. I think it be more of a photo and written journal of the progress of the bike.

For example to show a pic of what you started with, how much you paid for it, or the journey you had to take to get it, etc - and then with weekly, or monthly photo and written updates. New and current members could get an idea of the cost of restoring a mini bike, or get new ideas for mods, etc. The photos could all be hosted in the photo album so there wouldn't be a shortage on hosting the pics.

I'm thinking this idea would bring the community together here closer, and also provide a lot more motivation for those of us who are slacking :)

This is just an idea I had, but I'm open to other ideas if anyone has some input on things they would like to see here. Just let me know what you think needs to be done to make this site even better, and I'll see what I can work on to get it that way.

So, lets get the ideas rolling!

Hi Hent. I'm new to this site but that projects page sounds like a good idea. I'm sure I am not alone having a few projects going on at the same time. I found a NOS Briggs engine that I have been saving for and when I finally had the money I bought a Broncco TX1 at a swapmeet I was at. That engine was all I needed to finish my El Burro.

Hent

I think the projects page would work out really well if people could keep updating with photos and such. I think I'll start on it with my columbia bike...

It's a way to keep track of how much you spend on things, and admiring your work over time...

Hent

Another idea I had would be to have a "Submit" section, where people could add info to the site on mini bikes, or anything like that. Brochures, Manuals, etc

When I get back to my toys, and more away from work maybe I can work on a walk through section, kind of like something you would see in the potential "Projects" section, but more like "how to sandblast a frame" or "how to paint" and give very detailed instructions on it. I think this would produce more quality work from people, and really inform them on things they wouldn't know otherwise.

I guess I'm just trying to pump out some ideas here to make the site more active and informative for everyone.

I'd really appreciate it if everyone could leave a little feedback about my ideas, or any ideas you may have.

Hent

the other thing with the project section, would be that I'd need some sort of commitment from people to keep updating it when ever possible so the content is fresh all the time.

Serial # list page

Hi Hent. Ever thought about doing a seral # list ? When I collected garden tractors they had a list of the different types of tractors with the serial #'s. location and what type of cond they were presently in. I know a lot of minis don't have #'s but the Honda's do and I have a few others that have them. My Skat Kitty, El Burro and Trapper have a serial number.