Skat kitty exhaust “elbow”

Gdiddy58

I was not aware of the difference. Thought all the heavy, cast, pebbly texture plumbing elbows were all cast iron and not steel.
This is good news and am surprised the fabricator I mentioned before saw no other way, as in mentioning black pipe as an alternative material for a 45° elbow [welded to some straight exhaust header].

As far as the elbow in question goes, is this some highly specialized piece that only one of our members [Glen] can provide?

It looks like hardware store stuff.
Glenn is the only source. You won't find this in any hardware store.

markus

I may be giving false hopes, but supposedly the #730162 flange repair adapter Tecumseh sold works. I thought the port and maybe even the spacing was not the same as the rear exhaust on some of the sidepoppers but looking in my book its showing/calling for the same flange either engine and the only repair flange available for the H25-35. I dont have any side exhausts engines here to double check with the repair flanges I have here. Does not look like there is much meat to make a seal anymore on your block even if it does work though.

They are really thick flanges with NPT that bolt on, I used one for a pattern for some weld on flanges that weren't as thick when I was making H25-35 mufflers up, and have drilled them out as well and used them for some larger heavier headers too.

The one with the paint on it is the Tecumseh repair flange, if the kit is complete when you find one they usually come with the screws and gasket.

novadose74

I may be giving false hopes, but supposedly the #730162 flange repair adapter Tecumseh sold works. I thought the port and maybe even the spacing was not the same as the rear exhaust on some of the sidepoppers but looking in my book its showing/calling for the same flange either engine and the only repair flange available for the H25-35. I dont have any side exhausts engines here to double check with the repair flanges I have here. Does not look like there is much meat to make a seal anymore on your block even if it does work though.

They are really thick flanges with NPT that bolt on, I used one for a pattern for some weld on flanges that weren't as thick when I was making H25-35 mufflers up, and have drilled them out as well and used them for some larger heavier headers too.

The one with the paint on it is the Tecumseh repair flange, if the kit is complete when you find one they usually come with the screws and gasket.

I may have to chop up an old crusty muffler I have to get a flange. I DO NOT like doing things like that, but there are times you have to make things work. Unless some has a sidepopper flange they can sell me??? Tom