Skat kitty exhaust “elbow”

novadose74

Does anyone know how I can take this apart? Or.....does anyone sell a reproduction, or.......does anyone have one to sell? Thanks. 2AA4B537-5AFC-4AD1-AC49-5B26664F2B4D.jpeg

I bought mine like this . The threads in my block are stripped. Please let me know if you come across something.?
You can read about pipe threads, modify an inexpensive pipe tap by cutting off the first several taper threads, and tap the hole a bit bigger. Then cut the first several threads off the male NPT to fit well. NPT are tapered, move the poorly-fitting taper further up the taper diameter. Hope this is kind of clear. There must be a YouTube video about this for a log splitter engine or such.

You can read about pipe threads, modify an inexpensive pipe tap by cutting off the first several taper threads, and tap the hole a bit bigger. Then cut the first several threads off the male NPT to fit well. NPT are tapered, move the poorly-fitting taper further up the taper diameter. Hope this is kind of clear. There must be a YouTube video about this for a log splitter engine or such.
I was going to suggest using an NPT tap on that, but decided that I could not adequately describe how to do it lol
You did a really good job, hats off to you Sir

novadose74

I purchased a blank engine flange and purchased that pipe fitting and welded it to the engine flange and bolted it up.
that looks great! With the Skat Kitty exhaust, how exactly does the pipe mate with the elbow? I have a new pipe for my Kitty, but it does not have a flange on the end. I assume I would need to weld one, or is the original a compression type fitting?

Looks like your elbow should work, can you unscrew it from the pipe? If you can you'll see the flange on the end of your pipe. Did you get the new pipe from Paul?.

novadose74

Looks like your elbow should work, can you unscrew it from the pipe? If you can you'll see the flange on the end of your pipe. Did you get the new pipe from Paul?.
I tried, can't get it to budge. I don't want to do any more damage. I already flattened some of the ridges. I would like to keep the damage to an absolute minimum. I tried heating, penetrating oil and all that stuff. I got a pipe from a seller on eBay. Don't remember who it was. It is raw, not chromed.

Steve73

I tried, can't get it to budge. I don't want to do any more damage. I already flattened some of the ridges. I would like to keep the damage to an absolute minimum. I tried heating, penetrating oil and all that stuff. I got a pipe from a seller on eBay. Don't remember who it was. It is raw, not chromed.
Try putting the whole end in evaporust for awhile. Or something to remove all the rust away from everything before you can work it loose.

DaddyJohn

I purchased a blank engine flange and purchased that pipe fitting and welded it to the engine flange and bolted it up.
I was thinking this exact thing when I saw that the threads were stripped. Seems like the easiest path forwards, and you don't have to remove the attached parts.