Skat kitty paint code?

markus

Anyone have a pretty accurate paint code for a skat kitty? I have a not really well stored NOS 1969 h25 for one that could use some touch ups or complete respray. It is darker than another “red” engine I have that is not skat Kitty specific but only a year in build date off (1968) so I don’t think it was a standard color for Tecumseh.

Attachments

RogerA

Only my opinion, but I think a simple "fleet" red would be correct. On these older engines and minis, I think they used simple, easily available parts and paint colors. Or maybe a tractor red color? Like a Massey Ferguson or International Harvester red would be good?

delray

take the recoil cover to a good automotive paint shop and have them scan that color. i know couple of are local shops can do that and mix up a color in a spray can. single stage with hardener or go with a pint and spray it through a touch up gun. but that might cost little more. paying for the paint...buying the hardener separate..etc..$$

markus

Glenn Rand has matched the factory red paint to DuPont Centari acrylic enamel fleet color 77968AM.
@Dick DeBuse Thank you...and Glenn Rand!!!! :) I use DuPont (well now its owned by Axalta) paints on all my engines so that should not be too much of a hassle shop to mix up for me...and that shows as a pretty basic code anyway.

When I was buying gallons of paint mixed for cars years back, Color matching was no big deal for them to do and free. I pretty much only paint engines now. With only a few ounces of color per engine needed, I only go in the shop every few months and have them mix 8-16oz of color at a time for like a big $25-45, and maybe some hardener and reducer once a year...........They want to charge 20 some odd bucks to push the button on the scanner gun and print the label out the last time I checked, and they made a big deal about it. so I really appreciate the help!!!!

Send me a PM so when I talk to him I will ask if he is making anymore. Just talked to him yesterday. Otherwise I won't remember. Lol. He only takes postal money order as he doesn't do the internet. He is a old-timer.