SLC guy here

So I took a ride on a friend's mini baja. We had fun times around the camp site. It made me want one so I found this site and did some searching. There are Some pretty cool builds here. You guys sure know your stuff.

I found this firehawk locally. It had a noise coming from under the chain guard. One look and I could tell something was not right. I used that to get a little better deal. First things first, I know I want to add a tav. This will be used mostly for mild mountain trail riding and as a pit bike at off road races.

I took small Engines in high school, class of '99, and rebuilt an old 8horse b&s Troybilt tiller. I design and build things for a living. Pretty things. Mechanical things. Things you can sit on and things that will light up a room. I use Inventor and autocad daily, and I spend about 20 hours a week fabricating light fixture prototypes and the tooling required for their manufacture.

That's enough about me. Here is my buddy testing my newest bike.
View attachment 44820
And the source of the death rattle. Soon to be replaced with a suitable comet TC
View attachment 44821

I just checked my tracking number. TAV should arrive tomorrow. It's like Christmas eve but I may not get around to putting it in until next weekend. I am still gonna buzz the neighborhood BBQ a few times tonight before I walk over with steaks in hand.

Thanks for the welcome. I am a fabber to the core so I am trying to resist my urge to start cutting. The projects I've read here are inspiring. I want a real tank, front brakes and better suspension front and rear. And more power. All in due time. For now I am going to enjoy it. Winter is cold here so that is project time.

This is the bike the neighbors are used to seeing me ride around. I always want to do more to it but I just can't bring myself to change her. It was my dad's. It's got an intake, exhaust, a cam and ecu work since it's fuel injected. I've ridden it to Sturgis 3 times and FL to UT and back a couple times.

View attachment 44980

Just got back from the motorcycle junk yard. Got an old Yamaha tank with cool chrome flip top cap and no rust. Just picking up parts for future mods. Also Found a sweet xr80 with a pretty complete front end. I didn't get it but after looking over my bike at home I think it would be close. I need to go back and measure it. I like the idea Of cutting the neck off and grafting it on. not yet though. Gotta ride it for a while. I may never get a round tuit, but it's on my mind for sure.

It runs great with the new addition. Pops a wheelie if I'm all the way back on the seat. Top end is much higher. I only rode on my street so I need to get on some trails to really see how she rides. Front brakes are sounding better and better with this extra speed. Especially when going down hills. I am glad I found this site, I doubt I would have pulled This off without seeing how others have done it. Thanks OldMiniBikes!

Here is my friend's mini baja that got me hooked. This pic was yesterday before the TAV. She is gonna be jealous the next time we ride. View attachment 45138

Well I have been married for almost 10 years. This is Utah so maybe my wife Crystal will be ok with a sister wife. Megan is cute little blond who rips on a snowboard and a mini bike. She'd make someone a good wife.