Slow Poke wannabe DragBike

Got a fair bit done today , welded in the engine mounts , gusseted the steering neck and worked on the forks.

Then I put it all together to see what it will look like , lol

Tomorrow I guess it will be bars and brakes , there is machine work I need to start on too.
Rob.

Looks good Rob, how are you using 2 clutches to hook up both motors? does the clutch on the motor closest to the rear wheel have 2 sprockets? Anyway it looks great. :thumbsup:

THanks its starting to look much like I planned ,in fact better LOL.
Clay , they are both standard single sprocket clutches if I had a double one for the rear it would make life easier , but being me I am doing it my own way.
I plan on making two ring gear style sprockets and welding them to the out side of the clutch bells , it will give it a cool look and should work.

I cut the teeth off this sprocket as a test and to make a adapter for my rear rotor disk.

I made up the front brake caliper mount and welded it to the fork tube.

I still have to mount the rear brakes and lots of other stuff LOL
Rob

Hey Texfab , not sure that it will be a problem as the stock bushing will still support the clutch at idle / no load other than added weight of sprocket and chain. When the rpm climbs and the clutch engages the shoes should support the clutch bell.
I may be wrong but will give it a try, and if it doesn't work I will have to find a clutch with double sprockets to run on the rear engine.
any other sugestions?
thanks Rob.

Thanks Jmoe , its a work in progress but if anyone knows the satisfaction of scratch building its you , lol your bikes rock!
As for pipes I was thinking of a double barrell shotgun kind of look but it all could change
when I start bending .
I spend a lot of time sitting on a 5 gallon bucket looking at it from different angles then plan my next move.
Rob

Thanks Jmoe , its a work in progress but if anyone knows the satisfaction of scratch building its you , lol your bikes rock!
As for pipes I was thinking of a double barrell shotgun kind of look but it all could change
when I start bending .
I spend a lot of time sitting on a 5 gallon bucket looking at it from different angles then plan my next move.
Rob
lol the good ol bucket trick! i spend half my day just looking as well :laugh:
shotgun sounds cool run them long they sound alot better than short pipes

That makes sense Rob, I think your idea for linking both motors should work good. :thumbsup: I think the double barrel shot gun style pipes would look cool.

Hey Texfab , not sure that it will be a problem as the stock bushing will still support the clutch at idle / no load other than added weight of sprocket and chain. When the rpm climbs and the clutch engages the shoes should support the clutch bell.
I may be wrong but will give it a try, and if it doesn't work I will have to find a clutch with double sprockets to run on the rear engine.
any other sugestions?
thanks Rob.
I do have an idea that mite work if it becomes a problem,it would involve a couple of bearings and a bracket.let us know....if need be I'll draw it up on CAD for you. Now hurry up! I wanna see the burn out.:thumbsup:

The wierdest thing. When sit and stare at the bike thinking of my next move all kinds of other crap runs though my mind - gokart idea - bills - work etc. Then all of a sudden I stand up and know exactly what my next move is going to be.

Looking good Rob - your pulling ahead agian on the build will have to catch up this weekend

Hey lownwide ,yes I am useing hydraulic brakes on the rear , look back in this thread for pictures.
What are you building , got any pictures?

Sat morning , White stuff is falling from the sky it looks like a good day to spend in the shop with the heaters on and a pot of coffee .
Not sure what to do next but I am sure inspiration will hit me after a cup or two and a couple of smokes .
Rob

Spent some time in the shop doing some machining , made up my ring-sprockets for my clutches , welded them to the clutch bells and linked them with some chain.
I hope it works , but it sure looks cool kinda like the primary drive on some choppers.

Cutting out the centres of my sprockets.

Fitting on the clutches.

All welded up and test fitted on engines.

Made up my rear brake rotor mount , turned the teeth of a sprocket to make a flange to bolt the rotor to.

Tomorow I will take a look at the rear brake caliper mount and master cylinder , I will have to think about footpegs too because it will need a brake lever.
Rob.

Looks good Rob, now I understand better how you are linking the 2 motors. I think that should work good, first time I have saw it done that way though. :thumbsup: