Slow Poke wannabe DragBike

Nice job on the lathe Rob, you'd have to be smack on the money with your size once the ring was cut free. Can't see a chuck holding the outside of a sprocket to well for you to finish up.
Do you use a parting tool and just plough through?

Very Very nice:thumbsup:

It was a steep learnig curve cuting out the centres , I tried variouse bits including the parting blade and what seemed to work best was starting at my finished size and working toward the middle.
When I was aprox half way thru I fliped it over and did the same from the opposite side. It left a small rigde that was easily cleaned up with a half round file.
Rob.

Yep Thought so, I had to bore open some washers found a pointed HHS bit worked well similar to the tread cutting type, also did half and half with a clean up.
Nice job though - the alighnment and welding is also a bit tricky:laugh:

Great looking mini Rob! I love the clutch set up, should work fine.
I made a two engine last year and it's the most fun thing I have ever built.
Wait until both those babies hook up and you start flying,
that smile will last all day!!!
What I found most amazing is when you run one engine it will be fast, but when you add the other one the torque is crazy.
I for one cant wait to see the video when she's all done.
Keep up the great work!

:thumbsup:

interesting set up with the cluches. if you go to compgoparts.com in the tech. section they have a cool gear ratio calculator it will give you a good idea of how fast she will run at a given rpm.

Sat was a useless day did not get a darn thing done, but today I am going to lock myself in the shop and try to show some progress .
It sucks when you go back to work on moan-day morning and are depressed because you wasted two days off and have nothing to show for it!
Rob

Chin up Lad.

There nothing depressing about your build, even if you sat on a bucket and looked at it for two days that ain't a waste.

You still have plenty of time:grind:

I have been trying to get some of the small details worked out on my build , there sure is a lot left to do lol
I did some more on the rear brakes mounted the caliper and master cyl , made the actuater rod bellcrank and a foot brake lever pivot mount

the foot pedal is not made to length yet as it depends on foot peg location , the red tube is how it sits on the frame

Had to make some clevice ends , used 1/2 " square stock and turned and drilled on my lathe.

Had some bar stock aluminum scraps salaveged from an industrial table legs so I turned them down on the lathe and drilled/ tapped them for footpegs ,made a couple of weld on plates for mounts.

I have given some thought to my gas tank and may bend up some stainless and see if I can weld it up or I may use a stock tank mounted on top of the frame with a stainless cover over it so it looks custom , not sure yet .
More to come.
Rob

Last edited:
cool idea with the chain on the clutches! hopefully your bushings hold up ok with the cockeyed load . that shouldnt be too bad though. also like the brake system youve got going thats fun to look at :thumbsup:

Well it was`a busy weekend but still managed to spend a little time out in the shop.

I welded my foot peg mounts and also the brake lever pivot.

I dug thru my scrap bin and was able to use up some my sample bends to make my exhaust headers. The bottom pipe is for the rear engine and goes way back , but is actualy the same length as the top one.

I fabricted my bars out of some 1" tubing with two pieces of 7/8" tubing pressed in and welded was not sure how it would look , but I kind of like it.

I am still trying to decide on a paint color that will look cool.
Rob

The bars look slick, and I really dig the headers, your drag bike is looking good. Great work Rob. :thumbsup: Maybe for paint a orange or red metal flake would look cool, with some nostalgic looking decals that say "Double Whammy" that you place somewhere on the bike. :shrug: Just the name remind me of some old skool digger from the '60s. :thumbsup: