Small engine tune up meter

copyman

Hi, I came across this Small Engine Tune up meter in my Heathkit collection (see pics). Thinking about building this kit but was wondering if it can help in anyway with older small engines? If not much help will keep in collection "unbuilt". Worth a lot more "unbuilt" to another collector.

Thanks

Attachments

desert rat

If you have a collection it has more value there. If you hit garage and estate sales you can find little hand held units. Craftsman/ sears made a really nice one that I still use today, model 161-2168. It doesn't have single cyl. setting so you got to do some math. How often would you use it?

copyman

If you have a collection it has more value there. If you hit garage and estate sales you can find little hand held units. Craftsman/ sears made a really nice one that I still use today, model 161-2168. It doesn't have single cyl. setting so you got to do some math. How often would you use it?

Thanks for the replies

That is what i was thinking, how often would I even use it. If it would make timing a small engine easier I would build it but other than that not worth it.
It was probably good back when it came out (early 70's) but not much use today. I'll leave in my collection. I believe Heathkit also had the same kit for autos / trucks. Again was probably hi-tech back then when cars had points, etc. but not much use today.

Thanks for the replies