small problem?

71dodge

well i just finished my wards bike and i used the motor i took off the little fox... it ran great and started super easy on the fox... well now that its on the wards bike it is super hard to start and it dosent like to idle for long? now this isnt a motor problem i think it may be my clutch?:shrug: i used a older clutch i had laying around from some other frame i got and painted it...... the bike has a new chain etc... another problem i have is the chain smacks the frame even when tight? and when its to tight the bike will not start... i even made a motor plate to raise it up a inch or so and still nothing?:shrug: i dont know what the problems are? maybe i need a new clutch???

71dodge

yepp i think i might have fixed the idling problem now its got another.... when your going and let off the gas and your coast the bike will spit sputter and die? im more concerned about the chain more then anything cause its eating away at my frame !

Sounds like you have to put a roller for the chain to ride on to get it up off the frame. I am building a Baja now and have to do the same thing. I am thinking of using a skate board wheel??