Small Project

I bought a 79cc Predator to build a small lil Indian size bike. Today I made an adapter to fit a flange and K&N style filter I had.
It was a small project but a lot of trouble for such a small thing. Next is adapting the 3/4" two chain clutch to the 16mm shaft, oh boy!

Adapter.jpg

Filter.jpg

Yes Scott I have a pro tools bender , it will be 1" tube 17 1/2 " to cross bar 30 1/2" wheel base. Only four bends in the frame as many as in the front forks. Such a simple design to bend and almost no thinking required , right up my alley ! It is going to be a small bike designed for the 79cc Predator. I has 5" tri-stars 4.10/3.50-5 tires , building with a Comet two speed jackshaft with a band brake on the jackshaft clutch. KISS is the mindset on this one. Guess we will see how it turns out!

Nice build.:thumbsup: Looks like my Tom Thumb.
Your Karen right,
Not quite as small as the Tom Thumb, making several of these frames where you can set a 79cc right in there and still take the gas cap off.
Guess I will see if they will sell at trade day around here. I see you like to sew, went in the seat thread, nice work. My uncle was an upholster and I picked up a little knowledge from him. Did you build your Tom Thumb ? Nice job on it. Orange, the color I am making this bike. Or is that some shade of red, hard to tell on the computer. My first was a lil Indian and boy did I have fun on it.
Will

I kinda fell into the seat making deal. Just got started a few months back. This Tom thumb is orange and it was from scratch. For some reason the orange color looks funny on the computer. I actually made 2 Tom Thumbs.:laugh: The orange Tom Thumb has a 79cc predator and I have about 3/4 of a inch clearance.:laugh:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/75290-tom-thumb-manchester.html
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/O...8867-tom-thumb-twin-sister-scratch-class.html
Really great looking bikes Karen,
Now you really peaked my interest when you said the Orange bike has a 79cc engine. How does it go with that engine and what mods have you made with it? Better picture bike really looks Orange now. So weird my wife likes Blue and when I finish mine making her one in Blue. You have a good eye the tube route I took came right from the Tom Thumb except I am ending it right when it comes up not curving to the front and making it taller to keep the stock gas tank . I like the foot peg bar up front design it has, didn't think of using cane ends was going to shorten some dummy grips but may steal your idea! :laugh:
I have a pipe notcher and looks like you do too or you spent a lot of time with a grinder. You have mad skills and talent. Any advise you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Will

I really like this bike and it has the look and seat, really like the brown seat with the orange. Going to put some orange on the wheels too. Like the Cat bikes as you can tell from my avatar. Not a real good picture, bet this bike looks good in person.
375185_155244861253616_648464921_n.jpg

The orange Tom Thumb with the 79cc predator will throw you off the bike if your not careful.:laugh: I really didn't do any mods to the engine except.......Made a air cleaner from a old Clinton air cleaner, made a header and just went with a rear gas tank so I had to mess with some carb linkage. Yes, I do have a pipe notcher.:thumbsup:

Didn't do a lot today, Sunday and all, but I did remove the stock muffler and fabed up a header flange. Fixing to start bending some of this tubing I have and I need to refill my gas on my mig welder. Going to bend a header pipe that goes out over the back tire. Making threads to screw on a muffler like Karen has on her Tom Thumb with the 79cc engine. Speaking of which I got my 4.10x3.50-5 tires and tubes in and should get the tri-stars and axles, throttle, hand brake lever and such next week. That's about it for this week. I have full size plans drawn up on a computer and it really helps making things to dimensions and knowing they will fit.