Snowco

delray

yes steve,one thing i have notice too is the jackshaft could be geared down little more. glad i have the second design throttle setup right now. that is the only thing that is keeping it from going to fast....
right now i have a 19 gear on the jackshaft and been thinking of going to a 22 or 24 gear. that will help slow down the top end and also will help him climb the small hills i have. clutch sometimes acts like it is working little to hard when he has to go up hill from a died stop.

what year was that little go kart made you posted. looks to be late 80's-early 90's

delray

little up date on my three wheeler.
i can't believe i found the correct motor for it. for now i will let my kid ride it with the engine i have on it and in the future when i restore it i will install the correct 2.5 hp engine. only thing i will have to change is the color. from the brochures that have been posted. it should be black. this is the first white 2.5hp side mount tank with crossflags i have ever seen. date code 1971....:thumbsup:perfect.

delray

nothing really robert, keeping it the way it is for now. my son been asking to ride it. he was going to ride last weekend,but came down with a cold. thinking this weekend for sure...:thumbsup:

delray

had it posted sam j, not sure what happen to it...:shrug: and for some reason it won't let me repost it(maybe because i am not a member anymore...:laugh:) fix that.
just youtube mini-scat snowco
this was a video of him riding it for the first time....:thumbsup:

thanks robert......:thumbsup: he really likes riding it.
Delray I know this is a really old thread but like yourself I can find very little info on these little Snowco trikes.
I am putting one back together and have had this thread saved a few years now.
I started pretty much with a bare frame and its close to done now finally.
I used your pictures and info to figure out what to order,such as sprockets,brake assembly ext.
I do have a question though.
What originally held the end of the brake cable housing to the bracket at the brake end ?
This thread has been a great help so far.

Attachments

Delray I know this is a really old thread but like yourself I can find very little info on these little Snowco trikes.
I am putting one back together and have had this thread saved a few years now.
I started pretty much with a bare frame and its close to done now finally.
I used your pictures and info to figure out what to order,such as sprockets,brake assembly ext.
I do have a question though.
What originally held the end of the brake cable housing to the bracket at the brake end ?
This thread has been a great help so far.
1575605061063.jpeg Brake adjuster
1575605061063.jpeg

delray

i'm not sure on that? really doesn't aline with the brakes? maybe they had a small chain guard . I was missing what ever was mounted to it also. there has only been couple of these mini snowco posted and nothing has come up yet.