so i bought a thunderbird... kinda of...

i just picked this up a few days ago... the kid said i didn't run because is sat for several months... a new spark plug and fresh gas and she started up on the second pull...

it sure doesn't ride as nice as my db and is smaller but is a cool ride still...

I think they ride far better than even my DB and I have sprung forks. I like a Thunderbird and will buy the next one for sale near me. I like the 8" wheels as well.:thumbsup:

don't get me wrong its cool as shit but its super squirly... and this ones front springs are compressed all the way down?
Probably ridden to death but the Thunderbird is a good minibike, they were expensive for sure and the Big Cats had fork issues. I had t T-bird with a 5hp briggs and it was a capable machine. I can see the forks now, looks like it was beat up or had a large rider.:doah:

toomanytoys

I remember drooling over those when I was a kid and had my Manco streaker. I begged my dad to buy me one, and he never would.

He did buy me a nice vintage CT70 to replace the streaker.

oldsledz

Get the forks working and it should ride decent, maybe you can let some air out of the tires to soften it up a bit also.
If you can find some taller handle bars it will be more comfortable for a taller rider also.

I had one with a 6.5 clone it was a fun bike.

took it out for a spin chain broke going at low speed then got stuck between sprocket and frame locking up the rear wheel and almost killing me by doing a indo... wow! :1orglaugh:

time for some new #41

C9H13NO3

took it out for a spin chain broke going at low speed then got stuck between sprocket and frame locking up the rear wheel and almost killing me by doing a indo... wow! :1orglaugh:

time for some new #41
Damn! That could have turned out badly.

Glad you're ok. :thumbsup:

found out today while installing new #41 chain that the rear sprocket isn't drilled straight...

when i set the chain slack and then rotate the wheel 180deg the chain gets super tight almost to hard to rotate...