So, I bought it, someone wanna get it running?

I bought a 71/72 Rupp Roadster 2 from a buddy a few months ago. It is all original. For the life of me I cant find enough patience to try and get the damned thing to run. I think the spark is too weak, any tricks besides cleaning the points contacts? Otherwise a link to where I can purchase the parts. Sorry if this is a little vague, Its late and I'm half asleep. Thanks for any and all help. :hammer:

TomH

Clean the magnets on the flywheel while you have it off to clean the points. Gap the points by using a business card. Make sure the shear pin is in good shape and the flywheel is lined up properly. Carb and fuel cleaning will probably be next. You will need the make and model for parts.

C9H13NO3

I bought a 71/72 Rupp Roadster 2 from a buddy a few months ago. It is all original. For the life of me I cant find enough patience to try and get the damned thing to run. I think the spark is too weak, any tricks besides cleaning the points contacts? Otherwise a link to where I can purchase the parts. Sorry if this is a little vague, Its late and I'm half asleep. Thanks for any and all help. :hammer:
Check the timing key, gap the coil to the flywheel, try another spark plug.

I think he went through all that stuff like a year ago when he got the thing.. :doah:

You could mail it to me.. I'll kick it around for a while till I get sick of it too. :lol:

Every time I touch it, I just get pissed off. I think I just hate the internal magneto/ flywheel setup. I'm too used to Briggs'. I really should get a new damn plug, I just keep putting it off.

hi if you put new points in it sand them some, & set the gap its stamped on the metal cover for the points, i had to on a brand new set my self, the spark was week.. some pictures of it would be cool to see it..

If you do a google search on just about any engine imagineable you can some how get connected to a manual. For me its one of the 1st things i do for just about anything im going to work on, especially if im going to be tearing it down or im trying to fix issues other then simple ones. Motors or not manuals help!!! You can never have enough of them and often they are found for free. Then maybe you can figure this thing instead of ranting about it.:thumbsup: