Some people just have no business being employees

Of course I'm speaking of the Post Office.
Apparently we have a new carrier,or our regular carrier had the day off and a sub ran the route. Old carrier was fantastic, dropping off packages and picking up stuff as he knew it was important to the business.

Well I needed an item for our race car, so I could get it ready to go this weekend. Paid expedited shipping to get it. Went out FedEx and was handed off to the Post Office for final delivery. Checked this morning and tracking showed "Out for Delivery". GREAT!!!

Wife was off work so she said she would be home all day to get it. So I go to my other job.

Come home tonight and no package. Wife even went and checked our boxes twice during the day. We have a regular box, and a parcel box for items too large for the regular box. NO mail, no delivery notice, not even any junk mail. And we get all kinds of mail, between the racing, mini bikes, Jeeps, r/c stuff, and wifey's stuff, every day.

Go check the tracking and see "Failed Delivery, no one home/business closed". WHAT!!!

Wife was home all day, shop was open all day, garage door was even up, and our German Shepherd knows and will alert if anyone comes near the place. He and our regular carrier are best buds.

So how do you attempt to deliver a package that you don't leave in the mailbox or parcel box, (doesn't need signed for),don't come to the shop, nor the house which is less than 5 feet from the shop? Nor alert a diligent protection dog? And not even leave a delivery notice at either of the boxes, the shop,or the house? And we don't even get any mail, not even junk mail? That's a first. It's less than 50 feet from the mailboxes to the house and shop. They have to drive past our place to leave the mailboxes to make the turn onto the street we live across on. :confused: Couldn't get out of the vehicle and go to either of the doors?

Whoa unto this person. You poor soul, guess who used to be a carrier for the post office? Yep,your's truly. Come Monday someone is going to have a really bad day if they show up at our place. I'm going to be in the shop all day, waiting for them. And even if they don't show I'm going to press the point that falsifying a delivery attempt/not making a delivery attempt is a rather large no no that can cost them their job. I do know who to call, and it ain't Ghostbusters.
They are going to find out what Going Postal is all about.

I feel your pain.
Our local post office doesn’t even deliver packages, they are delivered from the next town over.
Imagine my surprise when I went to the local PO to inquire about a package and they tell me they don’t deliver mail!?
What a day and age we live in when the local post office doesn’t deliver mail. And, they close for lunch between 12:00 and 1:30 so if you try and stop by on lunch hour you are SOL

Another thing the P.O. and Amazon does is leave my packages in front of my garage doors. I hate this, packages almost got run over before. Front door is 20ft away but they refuse to walk the 20ft to put the packages in front of door like they should be.
So they will drive up my 140ft driveway but refuse to walk another 20ft
What the heck man?!
Work isn’t just about the easy stuff, you have to do the “hard” stuff too.
If it was supposed to be fun, they wouldn’t’t call it work

I had to argue with my post office for six months because the mail carrier kept saying my address is wrong..i think i know my address.:facepalm:

We get stuff delivered to wrong houses on our street all the time. all the neighbors re-deliver letters, packages to the rightful owners. Our old carrier was great - this new girl will jam a small box into the mailbox, sometimes difficult to get out. I'm not sure how she gets them to go in in the first place.

I74

I feel your pain also.:001_rolleyes:
Seems like every other time that I' am awaiting a very important package or regular mail piece, ''like a check'' ect.,, something gets thrown in the spokes ....
Our mail man is a Psycho - nut case, & always seems to know when we are waiting on something important.
More times than not, he will return stuff to sender, or wait an extra day or so,, to finally deliver something..
The wife doesn't think we get half our regular mail anyway..
Can't be just a coincidence, it happens to often ……
Of course we always get all of our junk mail though.:glare:

Last edited:
We get stuff delivered to wrong houses on our street all the time. all the neighbors re-deliver letters, packages to the rightful owners. Our old carrier was great - this new girl will jam a small box into the mailbox, sometimes difficult to get out. I'm not sure how she gets them to go in in the first place.
********************************************************************************

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to file a police report for vandalism or destruction of private property against the USPS? Too, what might be the legalities of it?
From my understanding, the USPS is not a governmental entity. It's a private enterprise that enjoys governmental protection, due to it's being so ingrained into our society.

Roger

I've had the "failed delivery happen too.. and coincidentally when we had a substitute mailperson.. our regular mail lady is awesome.. she always places my packages out of eyesight next to the chairs on the porch.. the sub will just toss them on the porch at the head of the steps.. in plain view of passers by...every time..

Since we're on the subject of the postal service sucks..... Here's a good one just happened this week...My Tec diaphragm carb kit arrived in a damaged package as shown below..with a bullcrap offer of sincerity...
I read the bag and said to myself.. well here's a contradictory statement.... Liars!

IMG_1061.JPG

Last edited:
The people the post office hire now are not really career employees. They pay them a lower wage and work them to death. When all the old timers are retired, this is what you will be stuck with. They don't really know the routes that well so if they forget a package they will just scan it "attempted" or what ever other thing comes up on their scanner screen. Oh, its happened to me. I sat here all day waiting for a package I had to sign for. Tracked the parcel and said "out for delivery". I see the mail man pull up to the box, deposit mail and move on. When I go out to the box there is the notice in the box.:doah: Never came to the door. I tracked the package again and it said "attempted". I called the post office and told them that was a bunch of crap. Luckily I caught this during the day so when the carrier returned to the office for the evening, they sent him back to deliver the parcel. I hope it made him late for where ever he was going after work.:laugh: The new society at it's finest.:facepalm:

The new society at it's finest.:facepalm:
Its a "Me, ME, Me…" world Karen. No such thing as "you". Just "Me, Me, Me".....

I saw this years ago when they started giving every little boy or girl that participated in a sport a trophy. No longer winners and losers. Just hand out the trophy and everyone will be happy. No hurt feelings. No reality of win or loss. No pep talk about we can get them next time. You did good but they did better...

I have a sorry a$$ postal carrier too. The former postal carrier was a gem. She had a Jeep and took care of everyone. The new Yo-Yo has an old POS Taurus and he cant see in my mailbox... Its the proper height for a postal carrier Jeep... So he throws my mail in my box and you have to dig it out if you pull up in the truck. I ran him down Friday and asked him, politely, not to throw the mail in the back of my box. He said he would pay attention. I thanked him.... For all the good it will do.

AND... We have discussed this before. A second postal carrier delivering packages. I had a little Gal show up Friday afternoon with a package for me in a shiny Red, new looking Mercedes... Couldn't have been more than 2 years old. Something doesn't add up in my feeble mind.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Come Monday I see the mail Grumman pulling up to the mailbox. I beat feet out to lay into this Bat Rasturd and meet my regular carrier. He goes "You don't have to tell me, I'm so sorry _____ screwed up". "It's the talk of the office" Well It's a family site so I won't actually type what he really said. He proceeds to tell me Mr.X is on leave, until the higher ups decide his fate. And most likely they will just can him, for the falsifying delivery attempt and put him in a real world of hurt. He gets my package and tells me I won't happen again...

Anywho, something I can explain with the part time carriers. I was one for 5 years. As a part timer, you have to use your own vehicle, have really, really good insurance, way above the normal, and you better have full coverage. Why? because if something happens out on the route or even parked at the PO you are on your own. They do not cover any damage. Like the one office where I worked at where bullet holes were not uncommon, both in vehicles and into the building itself.

You are on call 24/7 for any route, not just your normal one. And/or you get handed a bunch of Express Mail, and have to figure out where the heck you need to go. And when I did it there was no such thing as GPS, you had a map. Or they would send you out to collect all the mail collection boxes. If you come back in from your run, they can send you right back out, to help out on another route, and when you get that done, you still have to come in a sort and case the afternoon mail drop so it's ready to go in the morning.

Sundays and holidays, guess who's working? Yep you get to go to the main PO and deliver express mail and packages. Christmas was a pain.

Also you get no benefits. And on the Rural side, you are paid flat rate. The route has a timed amount, if you can beat it, great, if not it's on your time and dime.

Like said I did it for 5 years, carried a Heavy M route. 438 stops, and I did it in an S10 pick up, with a manual transmission, driving it from the right side seat. And yep the longer I worked the worse the folks they hired got. Some didn't even lat a week.

Itype2slo

I bought a t-shirt last week. Their website e-mailed the it's ordered, processed and out for delivery. Got a e-mail on Saturday saying delivery confirmed. Mailman did not bring until Tuesday. Bad info had me bummed out that my mail was getting robbed. Not sure if it's on the website or if usps told them it was delivered. Anyways I got my shirt. :thumbsup:

[MENTION=18064]Itype2slo[/MENTION] Check the tracking number on the USPS website and see what it says about when it was delivered. If it show that it was delivered on Saturday and you didn't receive it until Tuesday you need to have a chat with the Post Master...

I wouldn't think the vendor would send you an email saying it was delivered if the USPS didn't notify them that it had been delivered.

Last edited: