Sometimes ya never now what you have

pomfish

Y'all aren't going to believe this.
I am in the process of looking through this old thread and low and behold I have what looks to be like the elusive Powerdyne Mighty Mite in my yard as yard art!
Been planted for like 10 years. Some subtle differences but that may be due to pre production picture vs final product.

The thread in question;
https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...mmon-mini-bike-thread.html?highlight=uncommon
post #33

The fold down kickstand is a loop and not the square deal they show in the advertisement and it has a plate on the fork instead of being open.
Also not on the close up of the fork plate that the handlebars have been crudely re-welded. So they may have been pitched forward as seen in pic or not.
Either way I can confirm it has the 8 slot motor plate just like the Rupp.
You can also see that the original Disc caliper is still present. Nuts.
Some previous genius put a big bar in the hole/mounts for the jackshaft ( Surely to aid in stunt riding)

When I got this bike it was outside and I remember saying "Too bad it doesn't have the wheels" and the guy responds "Oh I have them, they're over here in the shed"
Walla! he produces the Powerdyne finned wheels in great shape. Needless to say they got sold off to someone who needed them and the bike remained here.
I wanted to originally get it back in running condition but could not get the lower fork leg to let loose and didn't want to bust it off so the bike got planted.

That Yard Art just got me a nice Bonanza MB1210 recently because the guy who came to see me about buying it said "I always look at that mini bike when I come by your house so I knew who I was going to approach when it was time to let this go"
So it pays to advertise to your neighbors!

Pics in a few minutes, stand by.

Last edited:

pomfish

Wow ! Looks good for ten years in the weather ! :thumbsup: At least dig it up and hang it in your shop .
That's the funny thing about Powerdyne's, they had like the worst paint prep of any mini bike and yet the stickers are glued on with Superman glue or something!

My wife has a Rupp Roadster 1 frame in the side yard which I think will replace this and the Powerdyne will earn it's way back into the shop.
The rear fender still looks good as far as no visible damage and the caliper, don't know what brand it is, will have to check that out.
Bike could be rebuilt with a different set of forks since the fork leg doesn.t want to turn. Then again I haven't gotten that Gibb's penetrant oil yet so maybe there is hope for the stock ones.

Thanks for the read.

pomfish

My neighbor helped me score this last fall.
Again because he knows I'm into mini bikes.
It's nice when they find you.

markus

There is a decent Roller example of one of those in the photos section, It has the Hawk decal on it though, not Falcon. It sucks there has never been much for brochures/info on the powerdyne mini bike line to verify but I sorta-kinda have a theory that hawk was first, then falcon, then Galaxie names were used. Company only lasted a couple of years. From what I have seen in some introductory info for the first vehicles they offered (the amphibious) that the Hawk name was being used at the beginning...at least Gives me what a 33.3% chance of being right :shrug:

pomfish

Here she is after being removed for the yard and washed off. Just mocked up with Manco wheels so it is easier to move.
The folding kickstand is pretty wild and actually works rather well. Much more stable than the old MTD wire stands.

And here is the new replacement yard art;

Later,
Keith

That's a neat looking little bike Keith.

It's amazing it's still in that good of condition after having sat thru those Pennsylvania winters. It looks like it deserves to be ridden again.

She looks great in my opinion ….I think I might have to clean it up , throw an engine on it and ride it just like it is ! I see the original decals are still there to .

I wish mini bikes grew in my yard ! ;)