Speed on pro series mini bike

Hi there,
I just bought a pro series bike and speed tested it. It only went 33mph.
I think I remember some members who were more than twice my weight saying it went 37mph with them. Just wondering how that could be?

Thanks,
Nathan

Well, it hit the manufacturer's specified top speed. You can always make it faster, if you think you need to. Have you removed the speed limit spacer from the CVT? It was @Ron Dog who said his hit 37 mph.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...ve-a-mega-moto-212.164551/page-4#post-1210325

• Recommended Age: 16 +
  • Recommended Weight: Maximum Rider Weight 200 lbs
  • Power: Powerful 212cc 7.5 hp four stroke overhead valve engine
  • Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
  • Maximum Speed: 33 mph
  • Starter Type: Easy pull
  • Brake Type: Front and rear hydraulic disc
  • Front Suspension: Telescopic Fork
  • Wheelbase: 45.0”
  • Seat Height: 26.0”
  • Graphics Package: Black and Red
  • Front and Rear Rim Size: 5.5” Wide, 8.0” Diameter
  • Front and Rear Tire Size: 19 x 7- 8 off-road tubeless pneumatic tires
  • Assembled Dimensions: 164.0 lb / 64.0” L x 32.50” W x 36.0” H
  • Packaged Dimensions: 191.0 lb / 64.75" L x 21.25" W x 32.0" H

Well, it hit the manufacturer's specified top speed. You can always make it faster, if you think you need to. Have you removed the speed limit spacer from the CVT? It was @Ron Dog who said his hit 37 mph.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...ve-a-mega-moto-212.164551/page-4#post-1210325

• Recommended Age: 16 +
  • Recommended Weight: Maximum Rider Weight 200 lbs
  • Power: Powerful 212cc 7.5 hp four stroke overhead valve engine
  • Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
  • Maximum Speed: 33 mph
  • Starter Type: Easy pull
  • Brake Type: Front and rear hydraulic disc
  • Front Suspension: Telescopic Fork
  • Wheelbase: 45.0”
  • Seat Height: 26.0”
  • Graphics Package: Black and Red
  • Front and Rear Rim Size: 5.5” Wide, 8.0” Diameter
  • Front and Rear Tire Size: 19 x 7- 8 off-road tubeless pneumatic tires
  • Assembled Dimensions: 164.0 lb / 64.0” L x 32.50” W x 36.0” H
  • Packaged Dimensions: 191.0 lb / 64.75" L x 21.25" W x 32.0" H
I just wondered why he could go faster.

Hi there,
I just bought a pro series bike and speed tested it. It only went 33mph.
I think I remember some members who were more than twice my weight saying it went 37mph with them. Just wondering how that could be?

Thanks,
Nathan
I haven't done the speed limit text yet as I need to break it in more but i will this weekend. The clutch version does the 33mph with even my weight. I was wondering because as I rode the CVT, i was thinking ok this doesn't seem any faster just more torque but I let off before top end was reached. Honestly, if the CVT doesn't have any more top speed, i'd rather have the clutch, it's just way smoother.

I haven't done the speed limit text yet as I need to break it in more but i will this weekend. The clutch version does the 33mph with even my weight. I was wondering because as I rode the CVT, i was thinking ok this doesn't seem any faster just more torque but I let off before top end was reached. Honestly, if the CVT doesn't have any more top speed, i'd rather have the clutch, it's just way smoother.
The clutch one I had did 35 with me.
Just the pro has a smaller rear sprocket so I thought it would be faster.

33 is what it does out of the box. From what I see removing the speed limiting ring will get you about 4-5 mph. Mine does 38 mph without the ring. If I could get some more rpm out of the governor I'm sure it would do over 40 mph.

33 is what it does out of the box. From what I see removing the speed limiting ring will get you about 4-5 mph. Mine does 38 mph without the ring. If I could get some more rpm out of the governor I'm sure it would do over 40 mph.
So I wonder I @Ron Dog removed his spacer before it went that fast?
I PM'd him but he hasn't been on the forum since april.

Fisher1983

I picked up a used one this weekend. I wonder if this is why mine feels faster than the brand new one I test drove when they came out. The seller changed the belt because the owner before him had the drive apart and couldn't figure out what he was doing. If I remember right, one of those rings is missing.