Speedway information

pomfish

Read the whole page.
Great work!

Question on the first picture, this pic was taken when John Morrow was still at Rupp being that they are posing with a go cart?
And who is the second Rupp employee that started Speedway?

Always liked the Speedway's but would only buy one if it was complete as the parts are too rare/expensive to do a reasonable priced resto.
Again thanks for the hard work, love this info.

Later,
Keith

cfh

Wish I had the other name and more information on speedway. It’s really hard to find anything. I’ve been scouring the Internet looking for any information I can and there’s just not much out there. That’s kind of why I started the page. I was hoping some people here might be able to shed a little more light on things. We’ll just have to see. It’s such a popular brand so it seems. But there’s only a handful of people that seem to know much of anything about them as far as their history

pomfish

Your info is the most I have ever seen collected in one place.
The guy from Ohio with the "Super Bitch" probably would have the most info, seems the most rabid collector anyway.

I think tom earhart of rupp had something to do with morrow and speedway? there was also another person from rupp that designed the blue max sleds, ahead of their time.

Ding Ding

Nice job on putting that together.

Mr. Bill Kraft had a Speedway mini bike webpage, but it went away a couple years ago. Too bad because it had lots of information and pictures. He was/is a member here (ATKRIDER) but sold off his Speedway collection and hasn't been on here since 2016.

cfh

I did a wayback machine on speedwayminibikes.com and there really wasn't much archived. there was a forum there, but it appears none of it got saved in wayback. not much history of speedway in the normal webpage. so that lead is empty... damn...