Speedway mini bikes

joshua. c.

that's the same headlight I have, its just painted because I cant afford new chrome. and it currently has no bulb because it wasn't there when I bought it and the little switch on top was broken off when I bought it as well. by the way if anyone knows where to a new bulb for it, pleas let me know.

joshua. c.

that's the same headlight I have, its just painted because I cant afford new chrome. and it currently has no bulb because it wasn't there when I bought it and the little switch on top was broken off when I bought it as well. by the way if anyone knows where to a new bulb for it, pleas let me know.

Tommie

We have an all original 1970 fox street scamp with clutch cover?luggage rack,gas tank,original white lighted hs40 Tecumseh engine,seat cover,rims,front end all in good condition and with nice chrome

delray

Is that your red baron? Hs50? Look like a easy resto for you delray. Hope ya keeper!
they only came with a 4hp motor. same with the green hornet. way under powered minibike. they have very hard time climbing any inclines.
I think the best thing I could do to it if I keep it all original appearance is to modify the motor internally with a billet rod and couple other things too and set the governor about 4000 rpm's so it can get out of its way.....

cfh

that's the whole thing with the speedways that have lights. i prefer the non-lighted speedways. because then you can put a tecumseh hs50 on it, and they go pretty well. you don't have to worry about lighting coils and the such, or tricking out a hs40. i guess that said though, you could transplant the lighting coil from the original hs40 to a hs50. but all the speedways i've ever bought had non original (or no) motor anyway, so that was never an option for me.

speedways sure don't come up for sale much, and when they do, they are always a mess. and owning a couple, i don't quite get the hype on them. i have two scarabs with hs50 motors and tav series 20 torque converters. i do like them. but are they better than a fox or a rupp? not that i can see. just a bit different. but they don't seem to ride or handle better. maybe it's because i don't have the 'special' models like a silver shadow or something...