Speedway Widowmaker

Does anyone have a photo of what a "stock" Speedway Widowmaker should look like? Can you tell me the exact years they were made (it looks like 71-73) and how to tell on a bike? It would be much appreciated.

Yep that one on E-bay is almost100% stock...the only thing I see outta place is the exhaust. Right pipe,,but looks to be put on wrong.Mine (bought new in early '70s) the pipe came UP the LEFT side and under seat.I still have the scar tissue from constant burns on it. Mine was the 80cc Sachs just like the one for sale. They are awesome mini's:thumbsup:

That's not a true Widow Maker. It's a fake one. A Widow Maker didn't have lights so someone put the engine and tank on a different frame to make it look like one.

It's funny how the stickers on the top of the gas tank are perfect but the oil sticker and the paint all around it is not.

Last edited:
Opps..looks like mine was a "Black Shadow" lol Thanks Harleys Papa...that site is awesome. I guess the down pipe is correct for that one too ! Totally disregard my earlier post...my memory isn't what it use to be lol:shrug:

Isn't it possible that someone added the headlight on as an "accessory" or took it off another bike? Can that engine support a headlight and a tail light?

jrzmac

looks to me like someone just put the Light kit on it as an add on. here's the original ad:

here's the bike from Speedway.com restored:

here's the ebay bike: looks like all it's missing is the air filter

here's the accessory page from the ad. check at the light kit. it even has the horn, and the decals for the little plates near the rear shocks

check out the rear light and bracket, it's the same as in the ad!

My Dad actually went and looked at the bike on EBay (the one in your photo) today. He was real disappointed, the shocks were locked up the rims were badly rusted, obviously missing some engine parts. Needless to say....he passed on it.

Lol. The bike is 100% orginal and in about 87 to 90% Great example of a Survivor...I bought it and resold it 2016 untouched. Its a very bad picture....Paint is Great but paint on tank is flaking off