Sperry Rand Tricart #3

Thanks to deal negotiated with jbird526, Tricart #3 has found its way to wildman’s fleet. This is a pretty nice original example, but needs restored… original, running JLO L230 engine, original exhaust, original uncut body, original tires, but rears not holding air (no surprise). Still has original seat pan and cushion. And to top it off, still has original tool kit! I’ve been following these trikes for many years and this is the only Tricart tool kit I’ve known to exist! About the only non-original items that I’ve spotted so far is the brake cable and sadly, only the remnants of the glue that held the serial number plate. This project is about 4th in line (not including Mrs wildman’s list), but will be a fun one to take on, once I get started.

Regarding the TC cover… actually I have seen 3 different designs used on the JLO version. I have never seen a 4-stroke Tricart in person, so this photo from brochure is the only 4-stroke cover that I have for reference. Looks like it could be the same as later 4-stroke, but I don’t know for sure.

Regarding seats, I have a buddy in Canada that borrowed one of my seat pans and used it for a pattern to make a mold. Coincidentally, he delivered one of the 1st samples to me last Friday. They came out pretty nice, but the fiberglass is thicker than production so the fit to the body is not ideal. It will take a little massaging with a sander to make them fit right, but otherwise they are good and solid. He has not set-up any commercial venture for producing seats, but more came be made since the mold is more/less permanent. The fiberglass guy he’s working with wants about $75 (Can $) for his effort, plus whatever mark-up and shipping he wants. If there’s any interest, I may get a couple and keep them here domestic distribution. This photo is the sample w/o any modification for fit.

I don't have any plans for reproducing seat covers. I've had a few made a local upholstery shop... They charged around $60-$80. Some came out better than others.

Thanks for info Wildman. Seat pan looks Great! If you ever have your fiberglass guy do a belt cover, I would take one. And would pay you too have a couple seat covers made as we don't have any thing to go by. Would also be interested in purchasing copies of manual and parts list for them also.

Jeff