Spray paint frozen or already dried?

DANP

I couldn't wait for warmer weather to paint. I sprayed my frame last night while it was about 10 degrees in my garage with the door cracked open and the paint is rock solid now. I have 2 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear and it looks great. I'm not sure if the stuff is fully cured or if its just playing tricks on me. I did very light dustings on every coat. When I painted in the summer this would have taken weeks to dry. I have no idea why Im making this post.

Bring it inside to dry. Ive painted many things in michigans cold winters. As long as you allow it to cure in an above freezing enviroment it will turn out great. Id wait a couple days before man handling anything.

:thumbsup:

rugblaster

I thought the minimum temp was about 60 degrees. What will happen is if the base coats haven't flashed and you spray clear over that, the solvents will have to get out from under the subsequent coats somehow......... in the form of blisters.

MINI-MATIC

I couldn't wait for warmer weather to paint. I sprayed my frame last night while it was about 10 degrees in my garage with the door cracked open and the paint is rock solid now. I have 2 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear and it looks great. I'm not sure if the stuff is fully cured or if its just playing tricks on me. I did very light dustings on every coat. When I painted in the summer this would have taken weeks to dry. I have no idea why Im making this post.
The only reason why it would taken weeks to dry in the summer is because you can't paint when the humidity is high,low humidity is the best,quick dry time!:thumbsup: