Spring compressor tool for small engines

chrisr

Looking for an expensive spring compressor tool for small engines like for the Predator 420. I can do it with my fingers, but the 50 lbs springs are kind of rough.

Thanks

delray

something like this chris. works good on flatheads and real good on overhead valve setups too. especially with stiff valves.

find them on ebay real cheap.

chrisr

something like this chris. works good on flatheads and real good on overhead valve setups too. especially with stiff valves.

find them on ebay real cheap.
That is what I was looking for but can't seem to find it. Do you have a part number or link you can share?

Delray I have one like that but it does not work well on the preditors as the valve cover rail is above the retainers and it hits the rail before the retainer.

delray

maybe the same problem with the big block?
image I found of a 420cc head

I wonder if that same company sells different arm attachments or just make your own. this way it works for everything.

delray

thought I would share this picture and show you guys it works for the overhead Tecumseh. well at less for the 6 other guys on this web site that work with this engine......lol

I74

A slick cheap way on OHV heads, is to sacrifice a deep well socket that fits good over the spring collar, & use a C clamp.

You just need to open the sides up 180* apart at the tip of the socket, with a die grinder/ cut off wheel ect. , large enough to get the keepers & magnet in through, '' Magnet like on a pocket screwdriver''.

If worried about the socket flying out, you can use a hose clamp ect. to secure it to the end of the C clamp disc.

I