Spyderdreggs 2014 OldMiniBikes Open class entry.The Rat Cat

Spyderdregg

Well this one may annoy the Cat Purists out there but I'm willing to take that risk.:laugh:
One Cat Eliminator frame(early 70's I guess)and a bunch of stuff I had laying around for my now defunct bird project.Ill have to fab some seat rails but I don't think that'll be much of a problem.(couple pieces of angle iron and my drill press should do it)Got an older style Predator Im going to use(I can hear the groans from here :laugh: )Im trying to do this build as cheaply as possible(although that never really pans out in the end,does it.)I also plan on running a TAV.I wont be hacking up the frame at all but I do plan on fabbing up a bracket so I can run a Hydralic brake caliper since the pocket bike wheel already has a brake disk attached.Anyway,for what its worth,here it goes.......

Looks like a fun project. I'm a Cat guy, but I think the frames are elegant and look good done most any way.

I've made several of those Cat seat rails out of the angle iron like you're considering. :thumbsup:

Spyderdregg

Thanks guys,I've always loved the look of the Cat frames as well,they just have a great style about them and this build should be a fun one.

The Red skull will be mounted somewhere on the bike as well,I mean whats a psychobilly freak bike without a skull somewhere on it :lol:

And thanks Dave for the advise on the seat rails,Ill definatly be using that info :thumbsup:

Hopefully I will do this bike justice,I don't want the Muskin Mafia waiting in the shadows to give me the Ol' "double Tap" in the back of the head :laugh:

Just did a little mock up of what the bike will look like with the wheels,forks and engine together(yeah I know I forgot the TP in the pics ,didn't realize it until I already took the pics and took it all apart.Ill retake them tomorrow,Im to tired to do it tonight :laugh:)

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

fistfullabar

Just did a little mock up of what the bike will look like with the wheels,forks and engine together(yeah I know I forgot the TP in the pics ,didn't realize it until I already took the pics and took it all apart.Ill retake them tomorrow,Im to tired to do it tonight :laugh:)

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]
wheels and fork looks pretty killer:2guns:

Got the triple drilled and the handle bar clamps mounted today,and since my last post didn't have the all important TP in them I'd figure Id post a couple pics.

I think I'm going to go with satin black for the frame and lower part of the forks.Red for the rear fender(once I figure out how to mount one :laugh:) and maybe do the wheels in red as well but that may change.Going to have to fab up some kind of bracket for the hydraulic brake caliper and Im not sure if Im going to go with front brakes seeing as the disk is alreay on the front wheel.Decisions decisions.......

Not too much progress as of late.I got the angle iron to make the seat rails and dug out some old shocks I had laying around but Ill probably pick up a couple new ones before the final assembly as these are pretty beat.
[/url][/IMG]

Not too much progress as of late.I got the angle iron to make the seat rails and dug out some old shocks I had laying around but Ill probably pick up a couple new ones before the final assembly as these are pretty beat.
I made a few sets of seat rails out of that angle iron. :thumbsup: If you get a Kenny seat, etc. best to wait on the mount holes until you have it. (Duh, but I learnt the hard way) :) I also discovered after the paint job, that I could indeed compress the shocks with my 240 pound ass to the point of gouging the paint under the rails. :scooter:

I really like this design with the 400 frame. The weak link was always the fork and spring, and you did a great job of fixing that. Next weak link was the brakes, and you got that too. This is a bike I'd love to ride. :thumbsup: