SS300 value

hskr

So since you guys let me know what I have, and the rules for "what is it" say not to ask for value there, I will start this thread. What's it worth? I've seen them posted online for $300+, but are they really worth that much? I know how it works, just because someone is asking that much doesn't mean they are really worth that much.
tmp_16740-IMG_20161120_162729989621150140.jpg

The no value given thing is across the board here, worth what someone is willing to pay. Best way to set a price is to consider what you have in it and what you need to make when and if you sell it.

ilook around before a i set a price have to remember if you have a $200 mini bike and you put $1000 into it you aint gonna always get what you invest these are not classic cars that get all the $$$$$ maybe some day they will be worth $$$$$$$

ilook around before a i set a price have to remember if you have a $200 mini bike and you put $1000 into it you aint gonna always get what you invest these are not classic cars that get all the $$$$$ maybe some day they will be worth $$$$$$$
Those 60k classic cars normally cost 80k to restore, they are a labor of love just like these.

hskr

Alrighty then. Well, thanks anyway. I have nothing into it. Father got it at an auction. Has no use for it. But not going to give it away when it obviously has value to it. Did some google searching last night. It seems $200-$300 is a fair price for it. Listed it for $200 on craigslist last night, have already had 7 people contact me about it.

And if you think you can make money restoring classic cars, then you don't do a lot of restoring. You usually never get back what you put into cars, no matter what it is. There are those few occasions when it does happen, but not the norm.

When you wanna really be called bat crap crazy restore a 1978 nova rally. Disco novas (4th gen) the next to last desirable generation. But hey I'm the 2nd owner, it was factory orange, v8, 4 speed, factory ac, and a rally (GM stopped the ss in 76 so the rally turned into a ss). Not even my favorite model but it my baby. When I started on it there was no repop parts for it (they are still highly limited) so pretty much everything is NOS.

Now wheres that ballbat and point me towards the horse...........

When you wanna really be called bat crap crazy restore a 1978 nova rally. Disco novas (4th gen) the next to last desirable generation. But hey I'm the 2nd owner, it was factory orange, v8, 4 speed, factory ac, and a rally (GM stopped the ss in 76 so the rally turned into a ss). Not even my favorite model but it my baby. When I started on it there was no repop parts for it (they are still highly limited) so pretty much everything is NOS.

Now wheres that ballbat and point me towards the horse...........
Pics of the car....or it didn't happen. lol

Pics of the car....or it didn't happen. lol
It didn't happen. Right before I got slapped on disability I had sanded and primed it so it looks like crap right now. Been too down to do much work on it since. Sad but painting the top of the body (the undercarriage has been blasted and bed lined) and redoing my seats are the last 2 things it lacks from being done. After getting on disability all my extra funds have been on my son's 59 chevy apache so hopefully he can drive it when he turns 16.

I can go out and take pictures of it but it looks like any other primered mullet mobile picture you see on the internet right now.

Last edited:
It didn't happen. Right before I got slapped on disability I had sanded and primed it so it looks like crap right now. Been too down to do much work on it since. Sad but painting the top of the body (the undercarriage has been blasted and bed lined) and redoing my seats are the last 2 things it lacks from being done. After getting on disability all my extra funds have been on my son's 59 chevy apache so hopefully he can drive it when he turns 16.
Pics of the truck??? I like those too. And that is pretty cool truck to start driving in man.

Pics of the truck??? I like those too. And that is pretty cool truck to start driving in man.
The truck is actually a combo of 3 sitting in pieces with only the frame sitting in the shop (more story about in my monkey wards thread). Dad was a street racer when I was a kid and a grease monkey until he was forced on disability too so I've been around old cars and trucks my whole life. I was actually born in the back seat of a 69 malibu in the hospital ER drop off. Took 2 hours to make a 15 minute drive in the middle of an ice storm. According to dad the nurse came out to wheel mom in and I wasn't gonna wait any longer.

Last edited: