Started painting my Rupp Roadster 2.

GustoGuy

Is that the predator manifold you cut in half?
Yes, I cut the stock Predator 212cc Mukuni manifold in half with a hacksaw to used the ends to mount the new curved intake manifold . I hated how the straight manifold would stick straight out from the side of the engine and was really getting in the way of my leg when sitting on the bike. To fix it I bought a 45 degree copper elbow 1 size smaller and it actually was a snug fit before gluing all the pieces togather. I then used 80 grit paper to roughen up the overlapping pieces so the glue would adhere and used JB Weld and glued the manifold togather with correct angles so my carburetor is now level in both directions when both wheels are on the ground. Tomorrow I will sand it and spray paint it black to match the engine. I will post some pictures of how the finished intake manifold looks. I was originally going to do it with a radiator hose but I decided that a sold manifold would look better and be stronger since someone may still hit the side of the carburetor with their leg so air wanted to max sure that the manifold would not break.

Rather than using a rubber hose to mount the carburetor which will eventually deteriorate and possibly bounce around. I decided to use metal plumbing parts to and JB weld epoxy to fashion a 45 degree bend curved intake manifold. I will use sandpaper to put some tooth on the attachment areas and I will glue it together with JB Weld which can withstand 550 degrees Fahrenheit and has a tensile strength of 5020 psi. View attachment 250610 View attachment 250611
After the manifold is JB welded in place, maybe add a small rivet to each end peened over tight to lock the joints against vibration?

GustoGuy

It looks more like a motorcycle than a minibike. Pretty heavy too compared to my Predator 212cc powered Doodle Bug. I will have a 5.75 inch day maker style LED headlight on the bike and LED tail light. I will be getting a battery which can run a 45 watt headlight or at least 3 hours. How bike should I go on the battery? 20191011_013853_resized.jpg

GustoGuy

Making a custom curved intake manifold really helps to improve the bike so now you don't have to worry about having the carburetor sticking out and getting in the way of riding it . I noticed the improvement right away after sitting down on the bike. 20191012_145644_resized(1).jpg 20191008_235023_resized.jpg

GustoGuy

The bike is coming together quite nicely. The Robertson torque tube muffler and pipe fit the frame perfectly. I think the biggest problem with putting a clone on a bike is finding a suitable exhaust and Robertson torque tubes fits great since it was designed and made for the 20 degree slanted engine mounting. I also have a 5.75 inch diameter Day Maker LED clone headlight and housing is an Hozen aftermarket one which I ordered from Amazon.com. I was able to use the original Rupp headlight brackets to attach the light which is a Wisamic 5.75 inch LED which is a way better light source than the original Rupp incandescent light was. It has 2800 lms@30W on low beam and 4000lms@45W on high beam. Temp color is 6000K to 6500K. I am going to need a rechargable battery to run this light. I would like to be able to run the light at least 3 hours on a single charge. I need a low profile deep cycle 12 Volt rechargable battery which has enough Amps to run it at least 3 hours or perhaps longer. I plan on placing the rechargable battery on the engine top plate and wiring the headlight and tail light and GPS speedometer and possibly a horn too. Has anyone here on the forum used a low profile rechargable battery and which battery did you end up going with? I want enough battery to power these lights and speedometer for a minimum of 3 hours or even longer. 20191019_002202_resized.jpg

GustoGuy

I only have a couple of things that I need to do to it for it to be ready to ride. Looks great and the engine runs silky smooth. The Robertson Torque tubes muffler is the way to go if your going to re-power with a *P* engine. 20191029_195704_resized.jpg

GustoGuy

If I remember correctly, someone here used a GX 160 flywheel and two coils for the lights on their bike. Great job, and your bike looks great!
Thanks. It is my masterpiece restoration and my wife will kill me if I try and restore another bike.

Rather than finding a 4 magnet Honda flywheel and charging stator and lapping it extensively to try and get it to fit the Predator 212cc crankshaft taper. I am just going to use a powerful 12 volt Li-ion 11,000mah or bigger battery which should allow 3+ or more hours of headlight and taillight and brake light use. I doubt that I will use it more than 3 hours after dark anyways. Mostly I will ride my minibikes during daylight hours so the rechargable battery should work well for limited nighttime riding.