Started the Super Bronc Project tonight

I have a few questions

1) I am missing the driver clutch and the driven doesn't look healthy. It is a Comet driven, is that what they came with? I have access to Comet clutches at a very reasonable price where I work. Is that the way to go?

2) I noticed, under the seat on the hinge plate that there is a number stamped into it. Is that the serial number? The number is "7082". Is that the model or the date of manufacture?

3) I tried to get the engine running tonight. The gaskets in the carb are shot, hard and brittle and breaking. The engine did fire with either and I am sure would run with a good carb clean but I need parts and I have heard that they are unavailable now. Is that true?

4) Is it common to have a lot of slop in the front suspension? There doesn't seem to be a lot of wear on the inner tube and I really don't think that this bike has many miles on it judging by the foot pegs, there is no wear on them.

That is just a few of my questions, I'm sure that I will have more.

1) yes
2) serial
3) Ebay aftermarket Oregon carb should work if you cant find original parts
4) slop? Are the bearings worn? They are just springs in there. So they do feel a bit loose. Especially whenyou lift up on them. But it shouldn't be too bad side to side. Take a video and post it so we can see better.

A list of things that I need for the minibike. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

1.Break shoes for the front wheel. They aren't short but it looks like they are falling apart.

2. Comet clutch recommendations. I'm not sure of the differences and which model is best for the bike.

3. Brake and throttle cables. Is there a company that builds cables to length.

4. I worked on the engine some tonight. What is the initial setting for the screws on the carb. I got it to fire a few times but nothing more.

Me and the boys decided on a paint scheme for the Super Bronc. We are going with Olive Drab. We are going with a khaki pinstripes on the fenders with an Army star on the front and rear fenders. Willy's jeep style. I hate to cover the chrome but I don't want to spend the money to replace the fenders and handle bars. If I can, I would like to find someone to do a seat with an American Flag down each side and the Original Super Bronc Logo on the rear. If I do all that, I probably shouldn't go with a clone motor. Gonna have to go with the Tecumseh.

The Super Bronc frame, forks, and axles are sandblasted and painted. We are going to try and clean the chrome up. I'm not sure how to get the rust specs off of the chrome. I am going to try some WD-40 and fine steal wool and then polish the fine scratches out. Still waiting on the carb and need to order some brake pads before we put the wheels under the frame. Things I need to get before finishing are; cables, brake pads, torque a-verter, and band brake.
Can I get a Comet with the band brake on the jack shaft? My Bronc is driven on the left, clutch and rear sprocket. I can't tell if the clutch I am looking at is that way.

Making some progress. Still waiting on a carb. Me and the kids threw it together to see what it was going to look like.Need a few parts now. IMG_0784.JPG

I called Ron today, as suggested by Gumpit, he was a huge help and really knows his stuff. I ordered everything I need to finish the bike. Hopefully I will have it Friday and we can finish this thing over the long weekend. Thanks for referring me to Ron.

Me and the boys decided on a paint scheme for the Super Bronc. We are going with Olive Drab. We are going with a khaki pinstripes on the fenders with an Army star on the front and rear fenders. Willy's jeep style. I hate to cover the chrome but I don't want to spend the money to replace the fenders and handle bars. If I can, I would like to find someone to do a seat with an American Flag down each side and the Original Super Bronc Logo on the rear. If I do all that, I probably shouldn't go with a clone motor. Gonna have to go with the Tecumseh.
If I did you a correct seat with all that "Jazz" on the seat, you are talking $200.00