Starting another Mystery Build!

Being new to mini bikes,I really don't know all the brands? I picked up this roller cheap,but I'm not sure what it is? He bought it used but thought it was called a DB30R? I have no idea what it is but it should be fun with a 212 Preditor in it! IMG_3355.JPG IMG_3356.JPG

Yep nice DB30 or Doodle Bug , not vintage ...but they do make a nice riding bike .
Thanks! There's something about this little bike that caught my attention,and the more I looked at it the more I wanted it! I want to put a new HF Predator on it,but I'm not sure if I should stay with #35 chain,or change it over to 420?

Leave the #35 chain and buy yourself a RLV gold on gold chain and you're done . If you go with the 212 Predator you will have to drill out the engine plate or buy an aluminum engine adapter plate .

I've had to remove the head bearings on the frame,(top bearing came out in pieces) so I ordered 2 head bearings,and 4 wheel bearings for the bike. Picked up the predator 212 yesterday at HF. Now I have it apart and I'm going to repaint the frame with Chrysler Hemi Orange engine paint with ceramic. I've used engine paint before on other projects,and it seem to hold up better to wear and tear. IMG_3372.JPG I ordered the stuff from OldMiniBikes Warehouse,sure hope it get's here fast!

I've had to remove the head bearings on the frame,(top bearing came out in pieces) so I ordered 2 head bearings,and 4 wheel bearings for the bike. Picked up the predator 212 yesterday at HF. Now I have it apart and I'm going to repaint the frame with Chrysler Hemi Orange engine paint with ceramic. I've used engine paint before on other projects,and it seem to hold up better to wear and tear. View attachment 240195 I ordered the stuff from OldMiniBikes Warehouse,sure hope it get's here fast!
I don't know why my photos keep turning 90 degrees when post them?

Attachments

Ok,Guy's! I ran into my first problem! I received my parts from OldMiniBikes Warehouse,and was checking the fit. On my clutch,it fits the motor shaft up to the sholder with the sprocket facing away from the motor,but when I try to reverse it with the sprocket facing the motor,it dosent want to go all the way on? Any Ideas? IMG_3376.JPG IMG_3377.JPG IMG_3378.JPG

T-Town Mini

Ok,Guy's! I ran into my first problem! I received my parts from OldMiniBikes Warehouse,and was checking the fit. On my clutch,it fits the motor shaft up to the sholder with the sprocket facing away from the motor,but when I try to reverse it with the sprocket facing the motor,it dosent want to go all the way on? Any Ideas? View attachment 240227 View attachment 240228 View attachment 240229
Could be a burr on either the crank or the clutch bearing. Clean both surfaces with some fine sandpaper or Scotch-Brite pad and fit the parts together. Does the key stock fit the keyway on the crank with the clutch on? Carefully clean those surfaces up, too.
Is that a Max-Torque clutch? ...it looks different. Could be a quality control problem with a cheaper clutch...

T-Town Mini

Being new to mini bikes,I really don't know all the brands? I picked up this roller cheap,but I'm not sure what it is? He bought it used but thought it was called a DB30R? I have no idea what it is but it should be fun with a 212 Preditor in it! View attachment 239887 View attachment 239888
You can find a good replacement DB30 seat cover here: https://lxmsparetirecovers.com/products/mini-bike-seat-upholstery-black
Custom Order whatever color & style you want like this: (Tuck n Roll, all black)

Could be a burr on either the crank or the clutch bearing. Clean both surfaces with some fine sandpaper or Scotch-Brite pad and fit the parts together. Does the key stock fit the keyway on the crank with the clutch on? Carefully clean those surfaces up, too.
Is that a Max-Torque clutch? ...it looks different. Could be a quality control problem with a cheaper clutch...
No It's a cheaper clutch sold by OldMiniBikes Warehouse. The key is built into the clutch,but yes it dose fit,when installed with the sprocket facing away for the motor.

T-Town Mini

No It's a cheaper clutch sold by OldMiniBikes Warehouse. The key is built into the clutch,but yes it dose fit,when installed with the sprocket facing away for the motor.
You'll probably want the sprocket mounted inboard towards the engine in order to center the engine better. Maybe, call OldMiniBikes Warehouse and see what they advise.

It may not go all the way in due to the keyway on the crankshaft not being cut with enough length to fit...since, the key is a part of the clutch it could be jamming in the keyway. Just a theory on my part here. It would be better to makes some measurements and see what's actually going on.

The Max-Torque uses a separate length of restock inserted after the clutch is slid into place that would eliminate that problem. (if that is indeed the problem)

How do you deal with the "shaking" as the clutch takes hold? Once it's fully engaged it is smooth,but during engagement,it shakes hard until the clutch hooks up and you get into the motors power band.