steens taco supertrail stolen

sonerenos

Hey everyone,

I moved from SoCal to the Central Oregon Coast. I brought a few of my minibikes with me along the journey. Upon arrival and unloading the truck, we had some fun on my Steens Taco SuperTrail custom build. That night I mistakenly left the bike in our backyard which is not visible to anyone other than a trespasser. Someone decided to take the bike unfortunately. I have not only realized my mistake, but feel horrible for the kids that enjoyed riding this on our 9 acre land. The bike was stolen from Florence Oregon, right off highway 101. I have included a most recent photo of the bike. The bike is spray painted red from the previous owner, does not have a serial number on the frame, 8" azusa spinner wheels, telescoping front forks, adjustable handlebars, custom gas tank built by Jake Moe, custom swing arm built by F&B racing, hydraulic rear disc brake, Ceriani rear shocks, aluminum Taco clutch cover, plastic number plate with Camburg decal, predator 212cc engine with a few modifications, pull cover had a Rick & Morty decal on it, NEW Denfeld foot rubbers, Carlisle tires, NEW seat, chrome header, and the rear oil cap is a polished cap from Aussie Speed. I have put a $500 cash reward for the return of the bike in my local area hoping the thief will come around looking for the cash as bikes do not come up for sale in this area often, and when they do they sell for next to nothing. I have filed a police report and provided photos of the bike to the authorities in my area. I am hoping that if anyone comes across or sees this bike for sale they can get in touch with me. I am not savy with the build of this bike, so I forked out a good stash of pennies for this bike to get rolling properly, I want it back :/ Thanks to everyone who has helped me build this bike along the way.

I appreciate the help OldMiniBikes family.

Sincerely Justin Eichler

IMG_6310 (002).jpg

Lizardking

Have you met the neighbors? Maybe they have camera's on property that could have caught something. Was it the only bike outside? Someone saw you riding and waited, wasn't random trespassers. Keep an eye on your local fb market, Craigslist,... With luck you might get the chance to buy it back like a fellow oldminibikes.com member did. Good luck.

Last edited:

mustangfrank

Sorry to hear. All good advice above and your reward might shake something loose. I truly hope you catch the FU&%ER and get your bike back!

sonerenos

Man I am sorry to hear this!
I despise thieves.
Hope you are able to get the bike back soon
thanks, what a welcome to the neighborhood.

It's a bitch that you have to try and buy your own bike back. I will keep a lookout up this way.

i appreciate that tremendously. I am hoping the reward im flaunting gets someone to speak up about it and i dont have to buy the bike back. i will keep my word though and provide a cash reward to the one who takes me to the thief with the bike.

Have you met the neighbors? Maybe they have camera's on property that could of caught something. Was it the only bike outside? Someone saw you riding and waited, wasn't random trespassers. Keep an eye on your local fb market, Craigslist,... With luck you might get the chance to buy it back like a fellow oldminibikes.com member did. Good luck.
yes the neighbor is a church and the other neighbor is an alternator repair shop, both are about a football field in distance away from my property. across the street the marijuana store has cameras, and we sat down and looked them over with no avail. the following evening i was outback in the garage area, another football field or so away from the house, and 2 unruly trespassers came from the back acreage, which actually ended in a scuffle. still being out of the hobby as much as i am, i search the internet daily for unique items. hopefully something shows up shortly.

Sorry to hear. All good advice above and your reward might shake something loose. I truly hope you catch the FU&%ER and get your bike back!

thanks, good things take time. i waited a week before posting this in hopes it turned up. i even went the route of stopping by the 3 gas stations in town to show them a photo of the bike thinking the dumb@$$ would pull in trying to fill it. it has some unique parts on it that no one else has, so its bound to turn up sometime.

I74

That ''F'n'' sucks !
Those 2 unruly trespassers are really throwing up a flag for me.
Thieves usually come back.

Your ''closest'' Craigslist, in the ATV/UTV -''free ad''- section,, might be a good place to search also. ;)

Sorry for your loss. If young teenagers took it find out local trails or hang outs in the woods teens go to joy ride. Then go listen for your mini bike. You might find it.
Another thing is to keep checking the neighborhood mower shops or small engine shops if any one is looking for mini bike parts. Teenagers seem to brake them fast. Like chains and stuff. Good luck

sonerenos

Thanks everyone. Fortunately I still have the MX @bigevilone2 built, I was smart enough to leave that one in the garage. I did get a call back form the local police and they confirmed they received the photo I shared here also. May not be soon, but at least they know what to look for. Good things take time. I sincerely appreciate everyone taking the time to keep an eye out.

@sonerenos I am so sorry to hear about your bike.

That really stinks.

You can't even put into words how violated that makes you feel.

It sounds like you are going through all the right steps, with reporting to the police and all.

Like others have suggested, keep on the lookout in craigslist, and marketplace.

It had to have been someone close by, or they wouldn't have known your bike was there.

The trespassers you mentioned are probably associated with the thieves in some way, imo.

Hopefully the reward offer flushes them out.

Print off some reward posters with a picture of your bike, and plaster them all over the area.

Again, I am so sorry to hear about this.

Good luck.