Stellar Karts

Does anyone have a decent link of pics for karts made by Stellar. I saw one the other day and man does it look like the one I'm trying to identify. The only major difference is the seat is metal and mine is wood.

But the problem is when you google Stellar Kart there is a band with that name. They may rock hard, they may blow chunks... I don't know. But I just want to see some go karts made by Stellar!!

wow that's very nice ... you wouldn't happen to have or know of any stellar mini bikes would you .. I owe a fellow mini biker a huge favor he found me a really neat vintage kart and that's what I collect ..thanks
and great job on the kart ..

Thanks! its 99% original down to the three piece wheels and the original date coded, heat pressed naugahyde vinyl inserts on the seat. When I got it, it still had three of the original tires on it. The hardest part was repairing the original aluminum steering wheel. I have a friend in Wisconsin that does aluminum fabrication and he restored it for me. Looked like brand new when he was done.

I restored this kart back to exactly what my original looked like as a kid down to the very last detail including re-plating the original hardware. It was exhaustive. I almost want to hang it on my wall!

Thanks! its 99% original down to the three piece wheels and the original date coded, heat pressed naugahyde vinyl inserts on the seat. When I got it, it still had three of the original tires on it. The hardest part was repairing the original aluminum steering wheel. I have a friend in Wisconsin that does aluminum fabrication and he restored it for me. Looked like brand new when he was done.

I restored this kart back to exactly what my original looked like as a kid down to the very last detail including re-plating the original hardware. It was exhaustive. I almost want to hang it on my wall!
Very nice work man.....
You should post before pic

trinik7597

love it :thumbsup: scrub brake pads are curved up just like on there 4" wheel bikes . steering wheel is awesome :thumbsup: the wheels are 3 piece 4" wheels right ? when you sat original tires do they say stellar industries on them ?

love it :thumbsup: scrub brake pads are curved up just like on there 4" wheel bikes . steering wheel is awesome :thumbsup: the wheels are 3 piece 4" wheels right ? when you sat original tires do they say stellar industries on them ?
Yes, three piece, 4" wheels. The guy I bought it from put two of the original wheels and tires on his hand truck! I almost had to buy the hand truck too. I finally convinced him to swap the wheels back. all the wheel parts were bead blasted and refinished in matte aluminum.

The steering wheel is cast aluminum with a texture to it. Its kinda the centerpiece of the kart.

The original tires were Generals. I forget the model name. In thinking about it, I think they were called "Traction". At the time I looked into it, but they were long discontinued. Basically "unobtainium". They were dry rotted and beat. Im pretty sure I save them saved somewhere. As far as replacements, I had to settle for whatever the current brand is these days.

The original wheel bearing were made by Heim (as in heim joints). I called Heim to see if they still made the bearing. They said that it was discontinued but were very interested in finding out what the original application was. Im sure they got a chuckle.

Interestingly, my friend's boss used to work for Stellar in some management capacity.