StevieRay's - 69 Bonanza Chopper - (Just For Fun)

I've heard about electrolysis. Dunking metal parts in water and hooking them up to a battery charger to remove rust and want to do some experimenting with it.

Got it running! - New coil, points, condenser from Stens and new carb from WNY Small Engine parts.
I mounted it to a board and borrowed the tank off my leaf blower. Hard to believe it fired up after all those years.
The old chrome started pealing away once it got hot. Oh well!
69_Tecumseh.jpg

The area under the tank was a big mess. The 70's era customizing had to be cut out and redone. My big brother, George, happens to be a retired European Coach-works/Show Car restorer. I'll be owing him big-time! body_wk1.JPG body_wk2.JPG

The lower legs on the sissy bar were completely seized up. Heating and beating was not getting it done. I had to sacrifice the sissy bar I got from Bryce just to get a good lower leg. I got the guys a Quate Industrial to bore our the inner tube. The left lower leg was eaten through from too may chain throws. I had two good right sides. The Quate guys flipped the mounting bracket on one to give me a good pair. Its ready for plating, finally! sissy_bar.JPG

My Brother George is having to re-do a bunch of the old custom work on the frame(probably more than he anticipated). He's bailed me out more than once. Thanks Bro Frame_2.JPG Frame_3.JPG ! Frame_1.JPG

Not going to make the finish line by the 31st but going to keep working on it for sure.
The bodywork is cleaned up and now trying to bring it all together. I hope finished it over the next month.
I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the build-off and thanks to everyone that make this forum a success! guidecoat1.JPG guidecoat2.JPG

Not going to make the finish line by the 31st but going to keep working on it for sure.
The bodywork is cleaned up and now trying to bring it all together. I hope finished it over the next month.
I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the build-off and thanks to everyone that make this forum a success! View attachment 97238 View attachment 97239
Thanks for joining this year. Sorry you're not going to have it completed in time, but glad you're going to keep marching on. Please keep us posted with your updates!