Stock hemi predictor first mod

Hi guys ,
Got some time to play. Like to add a few things to my Duddle bug . I got a stock hemi preidtor and got some time to play around. What would be the first mods to do on her? Any suggestions

noseoil

Yep, best mods are just bolt-on to begin. Air filter kit & header will help a lot. Once you do both, change jetting in the carb or it will run too lean. A timing key will also help a little & is pretty cheap to do.

After that, you're looking at a cam, valve springs, bigger carb, billet rod & billet flywheel to really wake it up.

noseoil

You can get a timing key that's cut to provide about 8 degrees of advance, for a bit more power. The jet I use now after doing what I've suggested is the 35. The stock jet runs too lean once the air filter & exhaust are pushing more air into the motor, anything fatter than a 35 was too rich with my setup, but I'm at 2600' elevation in mostly dry air here in Tucson, so your air density may vary based on altitude & humidity.

I did a very slight mod to the governor but it still functions correctly & won't pull over 4,000 rpms with my ride. Until you change out the rod & flywheel, you can hurt the motor (or yourself) beyond repair with the factory rod & higher rpms. It's the weak link & should be one of the first things done once the governor is removed. The cast iron flywheel isn't very good either, so just do both at the same time or leave it alone.

A friend didn't do the new rod last week, he added a cam, flywheel & springs, then blew his motor up when he ran higher rpms when it was still newly built. Took out both the block & his new cam, so do what you want, but don't go cheap on parts. Read about what needs to be done, buy good parts & learn from other people's mistakes if you can...

Just sayin' to leave the governor alone until you have done a lot more research & have found out how things work. Education can be very expensive.

noseoil

The 140 emulsion tube can be bought with a jet included to make the swap. There's a screw on top of the carb, which limits the amount of rotation the butterfly can make at WOT. You can turn this so the carb opens fully to get a bit more power when the throttle is opened up as well.

Hi guys ,
Got some time to play. Like to add a few things to my Duddle bug . I got a stock hemi preidtor and got some time to play around. What would be the first mods to do on her? Any suggestions
There is a lot of good information on OldMiniBikes about this very subject so do a little reading and satisfy yourself as to what you plan to do.

This will help answer your questions. Here is the link, https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=predator+upgrades&spfreload=5

Doug

I was at a event and saw my exact bike a guy was riding. We both had predictions but he had a torque converter. He let me drive his bike and boy did I like it. Other than changing the sprockets do I need to do anything else? Thx

Ok I got the stage one kit . Hot to try a friends like mine with a torque converter. I like it.
1. Stage 1 kit
2. I bought some sprockets but they are not going to work
3. Going to order converter and new sprockets .

Can I get Some help on the little stuff to buy? Please
I see a little can and filter on some I think it's called a Catch can?
My stock preiditor gas tank does not fit bike. Hard time putting gas in. Who makes a seperate gas can. Like to find a old school round barrel type or something in a polished alum.
If I go with another tank what else do I need?

If I am doing all this I might as well do the mods to take the govern off. What do I need for that please list parts.
Thx guys

If I am doing all this I might as well do the mods to take the govern off. What do I need for that please list parts.
Thx guys
You need to change the flywheel and the connecting rod. Here is a link to the parts you need.

ARC Racing

Search YouTube for a video on the particulars for removing the governor. There are plenty of them...

Doug