straight pull throttle

anyone sell or has anyone made a straight pull throttle like on the early Honda 50 mini trials or I believe some of the Tote Gotes? I like the idea of the cable not being bent or sticking out in the open. Plus a cool factor, and look cleaner.

Hey Jim, there were a few out there, and as I recall they are rare and expensive. (Mini bikes) I did have one for a Tote Gote and it worked well. Having some curiosity myself, I googled "motorcycle throttle internal pull 7/8 bars" and came up with several.

I am limited by the lack of machine tools in my garage, but this one for a CT Honda looks like an easy modification for a 7/8" mini bike application. 45Ksketch.jpg

You can find it on this page by scrolling down a bit. Some guys on the Chop Cult forum tried them.

CHP Motorsports CLASSIC HONDA PRIVATEER RACING Honda Mini Trails Honda mini bikes and Honda Z50 Honda 50 Honda Minitrail NOS Parts and services Kitaco and Takegawa performance parts.

What Dave posted is exactly the same as the one on our 1969 Honda ("Trail") CT90. They were used on every year of CT90 up until the late 1970's when they finally went with a conventional "twist" type throttle with the wrap round cable. The one issue with these throttles is that you
will rarely get one to have that nice quick "snap back" to idle when you release it do to the unique design with all of the moving parts. You will most likely need to install a stronger return spring than normal if you want it to do that.
Michael

I was thinking one of these and a reverse lever for the brake, like on the 1920's motorcycles, a square tank, maybe full Indian Chief style fenders, and a cool vintage mini bike! Add a leather helmet, aviator goggles, some flapper music in the background,,,, lol

I was thinking one of these and a reverse lever for the brake, like on the 1920's motorcycles, a square tank, maybe full Indian Chief style fenders, and a cool vintage mini bike! Add a leather helmet, aviator goggles, some flapper music in the background,,,, lol
Errr square tank and full fenders = different era. But some kind of retro, pull back bar mini.