street tires

Hi guys,
I have a question regarding tire size and tread. My Motovox has the usual standard off-road(tread) type tires...145/70-6, what size would a normal street tread tire be? I would eventually like to swap them out for a normal street tire.
Thank you!

It looks like pocket bike tires would work. 13-5-6 for the front and 13-6.5-6 for the rear.

check out posts #5 and #6. Hope this helps

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/baja-mini-bikes/72801-pocket-bike-tires-doodle.html
I've been thinking about putting those pocket bike tires on my Coleman CT100U. I've read, in a few threads, that they are quite difficult to mount due to low profile and stiff sidewalls; I may try it, anyway. These tires are smaller in diameter than a 145/70-6 and would lower your Motovox. Use search at top of page to find more info. I'll post links to the best deals I've found.

13x5.00-6 MINI POCKET SCOOTER GO KART ATV BIKE Tire U TR54 | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/13x6-50-6-Tubeless-Chopper-electric-Scooter/dp/B005DTI0GY

Thank you for your input, guys...I appreciate it. Yeah, I was kinda figuring that they were a slightly lower profile tire. I do like the tread design on the pocketbike tires.
I was also wondering how difficult it would be to adapt a pair of pocketbike wheels to my bike. Maybe pickup a cheap pocketbike for parts and use the wheels and fork...

Thanks for the links...they're very informative and certainly answer my question.

Last edited:
Thank you for your input, guys...I appreciate it. Yeah, I was kinda figuring that they were a slightly lower profile tire. I do like the tread design on the pocketbike tires.
I was also wondering how difficult it would be to adapt a pair of pocketbike wheels to my bike. Maybe pickup a cheap pocketbike for parts and use the wheels and fork...

Thanks for the links...they're very informative and certainly answer my question.
https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/60181-pocket-bike-scooter-tires.html

Charles,
Thanks for the link. Those pocketbike tires look awesome on that cool minibike. Thanks for suggesting that size 13x6.5 x6...

Charles,
Thanks again for the information to the pocketbike website. Wow!! I gotta say, I love those wheels. I think the tires would be a cool upgrade, but again it would minimize ride comfort going with a lower profile tire.

Is it me or does the 13x6.5-6 tires look wider than the 145/70 -6 ? Clearance would be a concern.

Last edited:
Charles,
Thanks again for the information to the pocketbike website. Wow!! I gotta say, I love those wheels. I think the tires would be a cool upgrade, but again it would minimize ride comfort going with a lower profile tire.

Is it me or does the 13x6.5-6 tires look wider than the 145/70 -6 ? Clearance would be a concern.
The 13x6.5-6 should be wider than the 145/70-6; 145mm = 5.7"; 6.5" - 5.7" = 0.8" difference, so 0.4" each side; however, actual dimensions don't usually match designated size; you can't be sure of the dimensions until you have a tire mounted/inflated on a wheel, and wheel width will affect the section width of the mounted/inflated tire. Another factor is that the widest part of the 13x6.5-6 tire would be closer to the axle than that of the 145/70-6 tire, which could also affect brake caliper clearance. So, yeah, it's gonna' be wider. The low profile makes it look really wide. I do not know if it would fit your Motovox.

Charles,
Thank you for taking your time to enlighten me about what would fit and what I could possibly use. I'm starting to think a 13x6.5-6 might be slightly too wide. Perhaps a 13x6 or 13x5 might be more in the realm of what I could use. However, I don't want to go too low on the profile.