sunl four wheeler

this 4 wheeler has been sitting for 5 years after costing me a trip to the hosp. it is a 90cc Sunl that has only one hour of real time. my son was 6yr old and the 4 wheeler turnover two times. and then the throttle stuck wide open the remote doesn't work when you are running lol. long story short if you think these are good for your kids i will send you some pic of the side of the house. he is 11yr old now and that why i try to find out everything about stuff before i dive off into a project. he spent a week in the hosp. after that i went back to see if maybe it was just him that gave it all the gas and off i went and that thing will move i broke the side panel off it and jerked the coil wire off it at 25mph+ while trying not hit anything. i pulled the carb off and it was missing a couple of springs and the kill switch was not connected. just though i would throw that out there if you know anybody that bought one of these.

Last edited:

Fat Boy

Picked one up this summer at the scrap yard for 50.00 and I thought it was 50cc and to be honest the 90cc runs real good with power to throw you off fast it is a screamer . My oldest son rides it around all the time instead of walking around the acreage . The chicom wiring is crap but we rewired and put new switches on it and took care of that problem .

you put the motor on a frame? because it is a auto and it looks like a little Honda motor but it is chinnnnnnana junk it was real top heavy i was just cutting counters and i paid like 400.00 for it but the real deal was like 800 at the time. but send me some pic maybe i can use it for something several people wanted it but i wouldn't trust it to hurt a kid. but if i can re work on to something else that i built might feel better.

Fat Boy

No it is a factory Chinese 98cc fully automatic Honda Clone and it is a blast to ride for the fifty bucks , we have had no trouble with it other than keeping gas in it :laugh::thumbsup:

Thats why a lot of people will put throttle blocks on the carbs, or lock them in a low gear..

It's the way you teach them to ride them thats the biggest thing.. It's actually good to get them on stuff. It teaches them an endless amount of things..

I know PEOPLE who are just dumb and useless.. And I'd say a lot of it is, noone ever tought them anyhting...

I went to Ricks place today to find a 3 wheeler tank, to trade to a guy for a tecumseh H70..

Got there and nobody is around, I hear them out back buzzing around, so I walk out back to find Rick standing in the middle of the pond holding a beer, watching the grandson do ENDLESS doughnuts on his little china quad..

DAMN good driver.. one doughnut into two into three, whip it the other way and pull out into a big long drift slideways.. Leaning like a bitch, shifting.. TEARING it up..

Best he can do with the throttle block in place..

He's like 6 and been driving the thing for like 3 damned years...

Knows how to work on carburetors and track down fcked up wiring on a china quad..

because it's HIS and he wants to gt in there and help and be a part of it.... Can't ride it if it don't work..

Knows how to start it, can push start it if the battery dies..

Learns a lot from driving it around.. :mellow:

can I put a better carb on that motor, really it doesn't have any time on it but would make a good project for someone are I will pull the motor off and use it give the frame away to someone im just wasting it but letting it set I really do feel bad about it but it really almost killed my son cracked his helmet and gave him 7 staples full face bell

well let me see what I can do with the motor and we might make it happen. I will dig into the motor thing a little more never thought about using that motor and my son is to tall to ride it now so if I get rid of it you will be the first on my list.:thumbsup:

ok cool I'm really to big for it but I've all was wanted to build to take a little china 4 wheeler put a go kart/mini bike motor on it and build a lift kit for it and put some 22in 4 wheeler tires on it and use a huge rear sprocket on the back so it will have a lot of torque then snorkel the motor and make like a mini mud bogger 4 wheeler

well let me see what I can do with the motor and we might make it happen. I will dig into the motor thing a little more never thought about using that motor and my son is to tall to ride it now so if I get rid of it you will be the first on my list.:thumbsup:
You can always put the motor on a mini bike they make good power for two wheels and it is easy to do , we have a few mini bikes with Honda Horizontal Clones in them and the electric start is great for the kids .

well I think you have a great idea you will have to point me in the direction of some that have been done I have a hard time searching threw some of the post its just because im new at it yall have a real easy forum to post on and im learning it just need to pin point something "a lot of things" but all you Alabama boy's there are a couple of tracks for different things like kart's and mini little track I have run down threw some of my racing contacts