Super Blazer rebuild project

Hi Dan,

Nice work.... Cool color choice as well... What type of paint did you spray? I'm looking for a great fuel and oil resistant brand, trying to stay away from auto paints on one project and ideally rattlecan it with a high quality shoot. // MG in show low
Hello Mountain Goat. Thank you for your comments. Before painting, everything was sandblasted to bare metal including the gas tank (Engine paint details on another post). The paint used was all Rust-oleum brand spray cans allowing one day drying for each coat as follows: #249322 Self Etching Primer, #1917 Camouflage Khaki, and #7701 Crystal Clear Enamel as a final coat. The paint has held up good, however, it is not “fuel proof”. I have some fuel stains around the gas cap area of the fuel tank. However, I do not worry about this. In a short time, I can clean the affected area, then repaint. Maybe some one will have a better ideal on the gas tank? Dan.

Dan,

Thanks for the detailed response.. I like your style of clear com.... Yours has been the only experiential use of the Rustoleum that has reported back with actual results.. Thanks for the heads up.... Hate to spend $80 a pint on quality automotive juice and put it through the compressor gun on my upcoming 8-bike "spray-fest" as I attempt to complete everything... Thanks also for your content. Everything is interesting and helpful //MG