Super bronc find and re-build

I found this 1968 heald super bronc on craigslist. Scooped it up for a good price. Came with everything minus the motor. Even a TAV. Now I'm gonna make some small changes an put her back together.
image.jpg

Yeah, you will have to figure out some sort of rear brake since the brake was on the original TAV bracket. Something can be made I'm sure, I'd maybe divorce the TAV and make a bracket for the driven and add a brake to the new driven shack. Good luck.

Pretty clean looking VT3 or VT5. Been trying to make a rear disc brake hub but no time. Made a New hub for front rim for front disc brake on this size frame. Seems to work pretty good. Also might think about using the hydraulic brake set up too. That would be better for the rear. Good luck keep us posted if you get something to work.

It's got a band brake on the rear. Not sure if it's original. Would like to add a caliper on the sprocket. Just not sure if there's enough room.

I don't know. I bought it without the engine so I've never ridden it. Haven't had much luck with drum or band brakes in the past, so really hoping I can make a caliper work with the sprocket. Ordered on yesterday. If I can hook it up and it works well I'll probably ditch the front brake altogether.

Didn't like the gas tank mounted on top of the frame so I decided to try and mount it underneath. Cut the ends of the forward gas tank mounts to create a flat mounting surface for a piece of aluminum angle to sit flush against. Left enough meat on the tabs to still use the two screw holes. The hose clamp seems to hold the tank nice and tight. I still need to trim the bracket a bit.

Attachments