Super Bronc VT-8, Just For Fun

Ok guys, finally got a few days home to work on the bike. Finished up the controls for the handlebars, added a couple inches to the handlebars, (I'm a big guy and the bars were just a little too narrow) tore the bike back down and dropped it off at the blasters. I'll get some pics up shortly. I've got one more road trip to go, leave Thursday for San Diego for 8 days, and then I'm done for awhile. Hopefully then I can make a little faster progress.

Sorry guys not alot of pics, here are the handlebar switches I'm going to use, they are from an old sportster I used to have, not doing the turn signals right now, but may add them later.

Added a couple inches to the handlebars

Got the frame back from the blasters yesterday, all nice and clean

Leave town in the morning, got some more parts on order, so hopefully I can jump on it as soon as I get back. As always thx for looking and any comments or suggestions

Added some extra support to the motor plate

Got a new front brake, have to finish the mount and figure out the spacing. The forks would barely move when I got this thing, they weren't lined up and full of gunk. Trying to make sure they move easy before finalizing everything.

While I was working on the TAV cover I noticed that the driven looked crooked, figured out it was the jack shaft. So, I have another order into Power-Tec. They had some of the exhaust flex in this time, now I need to figure out my exhaust. I had a few of those bullet mufflers laying around and took one apart for a little experiment. I'll let you know how it works.

Sorry, no pics. Still plugging away on this thing, but I've got a few other projects going on, so haven't had much time to do much. Been working on the front end, trying to get the spacing right, getting the brake lined up and bracket mounted. When I got this thing the forks wouldn't even move, all gummed up and out of align. I've been trying to use the spacers that came on it and some washers, but it's just not working out. Need to find some thinner washers and/or make some custom spacers. Sunday is a free day, so the plan is to hit the garage all day with maybe a cold beverage or two and see what happens. And if anybody has any tips on putting these forks together please share

It's looking good Heavy. As far as the front forks go, it's not easy. I fiddled with a million combinations of spacer and washers as I went from the old fork legs to the new fork legs. I probably spent a whole day. I have to say it's easier with the tire unmounted and the forks laying on a table but unmounting the tire is probably not time or cost effective at this point. The other important thing is go to the hardware store and buy a bunch of 5/8" machine washers. They are very thin and you can get much more fine spacing with them. They will save you a bunch of time and headache.

Doc

I bought them at ACE but True Value has them also. They are called "machine washers" and are usually in the boxes up above the bins.

Doc

Got a bit done over the weekend, new bearings in the axles, front forks assembled and actually working (thx Doc), front brake mounted, rebuilt the kickstand, and most of it put back together. Still need to pick up some new bolts for the front forks, run the throttle and brake cables and the wiring. I was going to hook up the chain too, but when i got my chain out of the box it was about 3 inches too short. Time to go to Tractor Supply, which usually gets me in trouble, always finding extra goodies in there.

That bike is coming together nicely Heavy. Glad to help on the washers. There really is a good crew here for the Heald products. Rick Chatten knows them backwards and forwards and he has certainly made my dreams come true on two of them lolol. I will be watching for the video!

Doc