Super bronc vt1040 exaust heat

I have a super bronc 10hp with stock exaust run atop the rear fender (not older can muffler that directed exaust down) When heavier individuals ride bike seat gets closer to exaust, and bottom of seat gets warm. I've seen seats melt in the back from this and looking for ways to block heat. Don't want to move muffler or limit who rides the bike.

Anyone already come up with an engineering solution this problem?

Thanks.

If they are the original shocks - has the compression weakened to the point where they are not doing their job anymore ? I have several of these and have never gotten / felt any heat coming through to my seat and each has the factory muffler which lays on top of the rear fender. Can you put a picture up so we can better help ?

Yup, make a sheet metal heat shield or two. Make mounting brackets out of 1/2” 0.80”- 0.125” steel bar stock. I create the first version(s) out of cereal box material and duct tape. Usually the two 1/4-20 rear fender bolts are good locations for fastening. The front sometimes requires some creativity. The front seat mount bolts can work. Sometimes you gotta make two, one upper for the seat and a lower one to protect the paint job on the rear fender. Usually an inch of air space between the seat and the heat shield will do. They take a lot if time, workbench space and hand tools. Use step drills and drilling fluid for sheet steel and bracket material.
I would look to the shock absorbers first, their strength won’t increase with further use.
Steve