Vintage Super bronc....

Ok guys I was going to post a riding video today but I have developed an issue....now when I start engine immediately goes to “red line” then dies....hard to start then red line dies...thinking governor? Thoughts and suggestions....thanks....

Ok guys I was going to post a riding video today but I have developed an issue....now when I start engine immediately goes to “red line” then dies....hard to start then red line dies...thinking governor? Thoughts and suggestions....thanks....
I would start with the governor arm position, throttle rod and governor spring assembly. The L head manual describes the adjustment of all that pretty good. It’s all done with the engine not running initially. Then more adjustment by selecting a different hole on the governor arm to make the governor more or less sensitive to the speed. Maybe your throttle control plate will need some fine tuning. Those springs can weaken over time. Nice machine you got there.

Thanks....tried the service adjustment in manual...same result....only two hole in my governor arm....I will start over and recheck everything...thanks for the direction...

Nice it reminds me of my bronc back in the day my brother and I painted it white with a can of marking paint we found behind the school down the block. It looked cool. I think you are going to burn the seat over time with the muffler pointed at it like that. If you need a kickstand let me know. I make reproductions