Super Modified Tecumseh

I have a fresh Tecumseh full race engine I am considering selling. It has had a ton of machine work and is the baddest little engine I have ever seen, too much for my application!. The head has big valves, full race porting, (valves are from a Honda 650cc), It is running a Mikuni 32mm carb, has a billet rod with bearings, the block has been machined and fitted with roller bearings on crank and cam, and so much more. I will try to get a video of it running and post later. If anyone is interested or wants more details, email me at 3enigmas@comcast.net

I'll try for a video when my test driver gets home from school! I currently have it on a kart with a Nascar brake blower forcing air thru the big mikuni, when he hits the switch it sounds like a two stroke getting on the pipe!
Here are the specs, I am just guessing, but a solid guess would be in the 22HP range:
.010" over bore
Block has been decked
Block has bearings on Crank and Cam
Custom Billet Rod and Dipper with bearing insert
BIG Valves: 1.240 intake and 1.020 exhaust
Heavy duty valve springs
Extensively ported
Custom Made Push Rods
Cam: .260 int. .300 exh.
Briggs Ignition included with 3.5 HP aluminum flywheel
Custom built Billet aluminum flywheel, Drag only, NO FINS
Blower housing with scatter shield
The head has been milled about .125 and the combustion chamber re machined, it cc'd out to about 12:1 compression ratio

BTW: I had to bolt a VW starter to a set of handlebars to start this beast!

Last edited:
we've only ran it a few times, but it seems to come on very hard and wants to keep revving, ran out of road before it topped out.

I used a digital camcorder, for some reason the computer just did not catch the sound, will try again. Not sure which engine they are from, I did not do the work to the head, I just assembled the engine.