Super Saturday Race September 28th at Milan Dragway.

moetrout

Yeah, I sure did.....only to find out they were closed. I checked their website before I left, maybe I should have checked facebook? Next super Satuturday race is mid October.

moetrout

This Saturday October 19th is another Super Saturday race out at Milan Dragway. This will be my only chance to hit the track this year. 2 other attempts failed. Anyone else going?

This Saturday October 19th is another Super Saturday race out at Milan Dragway. This will be my only chance to hit the track this year. 2 other attempts failed. Anyone else going?
Sorry Moe, but we are out. Family duty. Our son was the Detroit FF burnt in the Oct. 3rd house fire and collapse in SW Detroit.
Go fast, go safe! Hope the rain doesn’t force a cancel.
Steve

moetrout

Racing went ok. I started out with the bike still being loose. I made some adjustments and had one good run by the end of the night. I had it geared down so top speed was only 49 mph. I'll put the new clutch on with the higher gear and that should put me closer to 60. It topped out pretty early and if I stayed full throttle it was either hitting valve float or I didn't have enough main jet for top end. By changing the clutch gear it shouldn't top out so fast and I also have a mikuni to replace the rejetted stock carb. Here is my mini setup I took to the track.

Attachments

Moe.......Was good to hang out with ya at Milan Super Sat. mini bike drags . Can't wait till next season , hopefully we can make more races next year. Kevin.....

Yes! Same here! I only hit one race this year. Life got in the way of that. Divorce and a new girlfriend kept me busy and not much time for tinkering and racing. Still though I think I made progress with my mini bike. I'm not trying to go really fast, just fast enough for me to have fun. I originally started out wanting a mini bike that would go 70. Not so anymore......that shit is sketchy on a bike that small. I have some more pics from the staging lanes that I will post later.

Taller rear wheel and tire combo would act in a similar fashion. Glad to hear everything went well.
The time it takes to tune any setup is usually kinda long.
My drag bike has JR dragster setup and will do 80mph in the 1/8.
No way would I ever go that fast like you said with the little wheels lmao.
I have been clocked at 38mph in the 100ft but I know I can go over 40 with some tuning.

Pics from the staging lanes:

Attachments

I'm sorry for your son. How awful. Best wishes.
Thanks for the thoughts Tom.
We had tiller school yesterday for the clowns. Several were members of the team that saved our son. It was pretty cool to see those fireman riding about with smiles on their faces.
I believe I’ve hi-jacked this thread, my apologies to everyone.