supercharged Tecumseh suggestions

65ShelbyClone

just came across this reply doing some googling. any context behind your comment? there is little information on fire slots on the internet. or at least not super easily available so any input is appreciated.
Decades ago, you would have to go by the word of kart racers or engine builders that tried them back-to-back and/or did dyno testing.

Nowadays, we have high-speed digital cameras that can capture the flame behavior in real time. Last year Warped Perception made a clear head and shot the engine on a Phantom camera. In the first 30sec of the clip you can see how the flame front just rockets right across the thin quench space over the piston. A fire groove won't help; the flame front is already traveling as fast as it's going to and the thin crevice space doesn't hinder it in the slightest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdW1t8r8qYc

Well since we are talking slightly silly mods, instead of the vane type smog pumps, you need to find an old 60's VW/Porsche version,it looks like a mini Roots style blower set up.

I tried it made zero difference before and after by my seat of the pants dyno.
WOW thanks for the pic!

Decades ago, you would have to go by the word of kart racers or engine builders that tried them back-to-back and/or did dyno testing.

Nowadays, we have high-speed digital cameras that can capture the flame behavior in real time. Last year Warped Perception made a clear head and shot the engine on a Phantom camera. In the first 30sec of the clip you can see how the flame front just rockets right across the thin quench space over the piston. A fire groove won't help; the flame front is already traveling as fast as it's going to and the thin crevice space doesn't hinder it in the slightest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdW1t8r8qYc
That make sense. Now i'm curious to see what some different fire slot patterns would look like on clear head with a slow mo camera. i know it wouldn't change much but, it would be cool to see it not work, i know that sounds odd and or hopeful. I have to wonder if any such small area would even see any flame travel or if the flame would just blow right on by through the rest of the quench area. additionally forced inductions would an an interesting element if that could be captured as well.

those videos are neater than all hell. :laugh:

EDIT: ...aannnd my post is red and bold.

delray

well you would lower the compression little. that would not help at all and if i am correct they already run a low compression to begin with.
but still interesting to see under a clear head in slow motion.