Supporting member subscription. How to?

They make it a LOT harder than it should be and that likely discourages people from upgrading to "Supporting Member". Hent should post a BIG juicy banner ad (link) on every page that says "Click here to become a supporting member." He is missing out on revenue that could help defray the costs incurred to keep this great forum going.
Michael

They make it a LOT harder than it should be and that likely discourages people from upgrading to "Supporting Member". Hent should post a BIG juicy banner ad (link) on every page that says "Click here to become a supporting member." He is missing out on revenue that could help defray the costs incurred to keep this great forum going.
Michael
You mean like the big square at the top of the page next to forum...rides..photos?
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/payments.php

OK- I see it now. I think some people (apparently, including me) are still missing it, however? It needs to stand out more. Hey, "don't shoot the messenger"- I'm trying to HELP.
Michael

OK- I see it now. I think some people (apparently, including me) are still missing it, however? It needs to stand out more. Hey, "don't shoot the messenger"- I'm trying to HELP.
Michael
Hent changed it a few months ago after a few threads about it. Due to the format of the forum page..I think that is about as big as the button gets.

Hent changed it a few months ago after a few threads about it. Due to the format of the forum page..I think that is about as big as the button gets.
OK, it has been at least that long since I looked for it. So the current button was not there back then. If it was not there, then maybe I am not that blind after all...
Michael

There's a reason I don't make it huge, or push it in everyone's face. If I did, people would expect it to be like an Amazon Prime subscription, or something similar. It's really not. It's the ability to help keep the info going, tolerate and babysit grown men. The money received from the Supporting Members doesn't even cover the hosting bills anymore. Am I complaining? No. I've said it before. I'll always cover the cost on my own no matter what.

There's been many times I've considered doing away with the Supporting Membership payment and only giving away the status to those who deserve it for actually contributing to the hobby and site, not buying in. Many people have received it for what they do for the community/site/hobby, and others also by not paying and receiving by gift (which personally I don't like).

As I will be revisiting the "Vendor" section to make it easier for others to become vendors, I'll be doing some different badges - those who've earned "Life Time", those who have received "gifted" memberships, so forth and so on.

I recently banned BikeBudy who certainly made enough money to become a Supporting Member by the amount of decals he sold through the forum. He helped out many people on here, without a doubt, but did not give back to the the hand that fed him, and questioned me and the community. Completely disrespectful.

buckeye

Michael
You don't have the supporting member icon on your front page?