Suspened Trail Horse Build CUSTOM!!!

Biffmini

While I'm waiting on paint to dry, giving the wheels a oxalic acid bath removing rust & sealing up the bad rim halves, heavy pitting & compromised chrome gets primer & paint.
Also working on the clutch cover, going to add some reinforcement glass & aluminum support. Also have to make a engine bracket.
Cut slots......... Time, time & more time......
Is how it's done oh and a few coats of clear on clutch cover & I have carbon fiber hydro dipped gas tank next in line. 20200416_213430.jpg q

Attachments

Biffmini

Insides of rims are primed & painted.
I was a little nervous about cutting slots in the clutch guard & am glad that went very well.
Practice for the next ones!
I was advised to clear coat a few coats & block sand between coats. I'm also nervous about this as well, it's a bet out of my skill set.
Thinking about 2K clear, do to lack of experience. I'm wondering if it's possible to shoot three coats & block the first coats
Before pot life expires? Maybe there's advice to be had here to help ease my mind.
I sure don't want to screw this up.
20200419_211339~2.jpg 20200419_211836~2.jpg

Biffmini

I disassembled the forks drained the dirty oil from the new Chinese forks. The whole reason for disassemble was to remove gold paint & repaint black, but decided to sand & polish. The forks were way to soft for my liking. So I added a 1/2" spacer on top of spring, & wow way better!
20200426_111611.jpg

Biffmini

Just a bit, to report. I got my tank back from the hydro dippers today, it looks sofa king good I can't help but just look at and admire it:p the foot peg stand offs & engine adjuster are done. I'm putting a lot into this gas tank & I don't even have a good carb & intake yet....
I leaning towards a genuine Mikuni for my built up Briggs 5hp. I want to get the best carb I can with with extra pilot & main options. I Picked the engine up from 125ccCrazy & should have opted for the Mikuni intake setup, but I asked for the stock carb & tank. Now I'm kicking myself, because I'm thinking the engine is to much for the stock...... I've done a little research for the Mikuni . looked at ebay & Amazon it's very confusing for me having know idea what to buy and where.
Anyone here with experience have any tips of source for carb & jets / set up tips for a rookie this department? Probably gonna run with stock carb & tank to start with until. I figure out a good Mikuni set up.
Next up beef up and finish up clutch guard, that will keep me busy for a while!
Also I'm going to run 420 chain. Any tips for a clutch that will handle the built up engine 300 lift, dual bearing with all the goodies?
This build has been in a coma for a few years but it's starting to wake up. 20200506_154443.jpg 20200506_154340.jpg 20200506_154248.jpg

Attachments