Suspened Trail Horse Build CUSTOM!!!

Biffmini

Trying to figure out how to mount fenders.
So here s what I came up with.
20161110_084655.jpg 20161110_084503-1.jpg
I need to make one more bracket.
Looks like it will work well.:hammer::grind:

Last edited:

Biffmini

Progre$$ working on mods & specs. Rear end all mocked up, fender brackets finished.

I bent two identical pcs. & welded them together. Got rear wheel set up now I know what I need spacer wise ( sprocket & brake )
Tweaked jack shaft mounts as the originals had been hacked and new ones welded on...
Front end is set up to my liking. The lowers were drilled out to 1/2" for 8" axle bolt that I got from OldMiniBikes witch isn't quite 8" & is a little sloppy in the 1/2" bearings I'll need to refigure that issue. I used a 1 1/2" spacer on top of fork bushing to set height of forks w/10" bolt So no threads in trees or bushings
witch I'll cut off after I fig. my fender bracket.

I removed kick stand bracket as the original wasn't going to work. So OldMiniBikes bracket & custom kick stand is coming.

Unforchanly as much as I was trying to avoid it I will have to lower rear shock mounts to get a nice stance. Sheesh! A lot more to come. I think I'm going with white frame, swing arm, jack shaft brackets, & band bracket. Black the front lowers & fade in black on front of frame. Any thoughts are more than welcome!

With those bigger wheels and that suspension travel in the front that's going to ride really nice. Good idea with the double fender brackets too, I may use that idea myself.

Biffmini

Kick stand finised.

I think I'm going to live with stance. But i am going to lower foot pegs below frame tube & back a 1" the right peg is just to cramped...

Also going to fab up a head set stop, some tabs for a mud guard & some sort of chain guard to protect tank & engine right side of jack shaft.

Slowly working on details, the suspension is very nice!!!

buckeye

Kick stand finised.

I think I'm going to live with stance. But i am going to lower foot pegs below frame tube & back a 1" the right peg is just to cramped...

Also going to fab up a head set stop, some tabs for a mud guard & some sort of chain guard to protect tank & engine right side of jack shaft.

Slowly working on details, the suspension is very nice!!!
Wow!!

Really looks great Mark , you're this far in , are you sure you don't wanna stretch the swing arm and lower shock mounts , :laugh: Awesome Job ! :thumbsup:

Looks great :thumbsup: I think I have a set of OEM Speedway bearing reducers which would let you use 5/8 id bearings and 1/2 axels :thumbsup: I think you need a small stretch on the swing arm JMO :shrug: I wouldn't go more than 60 tooth on the rear sprocket and the 1/4 inch bolt work just fine on the rear :thumbsup: If you get a blank I can get it machined for you :thumbsup:

Biffmini

Really looks great Mark , you're this far in , are you sure you don't wanna stretch the swing arm and lower shock mounts , :laugh: Awesome Job ! :thumbsup:
:laugh:

Funny you should mention... I removed shock mounts & peg mounts. Also was thinking about the swing arm but was thinking that was out of my league. An extra 1 1/2" would be sweet.

How would you go about the stretch? I was thinking 3/8" flat bar then grind as needed.
Shock mounts get drilled to 10mm to fit the larger 13" Sebacs I'm useing & lowered
1 1/2" Thanks for chiming in sometimes I need a little push...

Biffmini

Looks great :thumbsup: I think I have a set of OEM Speedway bearing reducers which would let you use 5/8 id bearings and 1/2 axels :thumbsup: I think you need a small stretch on the swing arm JMO :shrug: I wouldn't go more than 60 tooth on the rear sprocket and the 1/4 inch bolt work just fine on the rear :thumbsup: If you get a blank I can get it machined for you :thumbsup:
Thanks for the advice. I do have 1/2" bearings in the front wheel but I do need a 1/2" axle & a 1/2" ID. X2 7/8" inner sleeve.
I was wondering what sprocket to use so thanks for the tip. Also very nice offer on the hub. Another member is getting some machined soon and has offered to help with that. I'm wondering how hard it's going to be to find a sprocket with the Speedway bolt pat. I have some band brake hubs that could be drilled to that pat. there slightly larger so I might have to move the band pin on the band bracket. I'm having a hard time getting a acuract measurement for that bolt pat.
So if anyone knows it off hand, that would be a big help.
I still haven't found a machine shop yet neven knew I'd need one till this hobby exploded on me:laugh:

You could cut just the end off ( axle adjuster ) of the stock swing arm and overlay the entire length with flat bar . 1/4 " should be plenty , bend the end for axle adjuster , weld top and bottom full length and grind her up real Purdy and I'm sure that would be fine ! :grind::hammer: I'd go more than 1-1/2" , the longer the wheel base the better the ride !

Last edited:
You will probably never find a sprocket with the right bolt pattern, I bought a blank and had it machined :doah: I am pretty sure I still have a sprocket that you can have, it isn't worth using but it will give you the right size of the center hole and the bolt pattern if the hub you are getting is the same as the OEM :thumbsup: PM me if you want it, just pay the shipping :thumbsup: