Suspened Trail Horse Build CUSTOM!!!

MiniNW

great work, this looks like the direction i want my BC1100 to go. i have an extended swing arm but might just make my own as the holes are different diameter than in the frame.

Biffmini

Front end mock up Just about finished.
I'm adding head stop & neck support, just need to fab and install. I think it will be a nice addiction... I had to notch the fender to clear fork lowers. I'm liking it:biggrin:

I need to find a zerk fit. For the fork neck, it needs to be short to clear fork bolt.
Any ideas?

Biffmini

Final drive chain guard. Well cardboard mock up. I'm going ta attempt to fab a few, I could use them on my other mins.

:hack::weld::hammer::grind:

:thumbs:X2 on the great idea with the jackshaft chain guard, I'm thinking depending on the type of cover, I might also do that idea on my TH too, might even mount it on the outside of the plate and cover the end of the jackshaft and two nuts too (?)

Biffmini

Well that's a great idea on the chain guard. I have those same jack shaft plates, might follow suite if you don't mind.
:thumbs:X2 on the great idea with the jackshaft chain guard, I'm thinking depending on the type of cover, I might also do that idea on my TH too, might even mount it on the outside of the plate and cover the end of the jackshaft and two nuts too (?)
Thanks guys I'm liking it, glad you approve...
Its a simple design and can be easyly changed for your app.

I'm not expecting a chain blow out, but it can't hurt & I like the look.

Biffmini

I haven't had much time to do much latley, but I did order some mics steel so I can fab up some custom parts & mods.
A special thanks goes out to Harleys Papa for his help with the sprocket I needed :thumbsup: machined for my speedway wheels

Now all I need is the Speedway hubs, & another fine member has offered to help with them. I'll need two brake hubs & sprocket hub. As I would like to have a front brake...
Well I do still need clutch, 41 chain & braker tool, ( wow price shock on the braker tool )
I'll also need seat & the way it's going prob.
more sheesh! And all the while my other Trail Horse build is on the back burner I should have never started two builds at once. :doah:
Does anyone have a tip on the zerk fitting for the fork neck. The hole is slightly smaller than 1/4" non threaded. I'm hoping I'll have a rider this spring:001_rolleyes:

CarPlayLB

If I had a tenth of the skills you have, I would rifle drill the head bolt and have a couple holes coming out the side of the bolt internally to grease. Then put the zerk right at the top of the bolt!

Biffmini

If I had a tenth of the skills you have, I would rifle drill the head bolt and have a couple holes coming out the side of the bolt internally to grease. Then put the zerk right at the top of the bolt!
Now that's a idea I never would have thought of. Thanks for the input. Oh & Thanks for the skills plug, I'm not very good but I'm slow :blink:

A special thanks goes out to Harleys Papa for his help with the sprocket I needed :thumbsup: machined for my speedway wheels

Does anyone have a tip on the zerk fitting for the fork neck. The hole is slightly smaller than 1/4" non threaded.
Glad I could help Mark :thumbsup: Your zerk fitting sounds like the ones they used on Bonanza's, I have a few out in the shop I'll get some measurements for you tomorrow and if they are the ones you need you can have them(I sold my Bonanza) :thumbsup:

Biffmini

Glad I could help Mark :thumbsup: Your zerk fitting sounds like the ones they used on Bonanza's, I have a few out in the shop I'll get some measurements for you tomorrow and if they are the ones you need you can have them(I sold my Bonanza) :thumbsup:
Thanks, for checking the zerk stash...
Those might be the ticket, same 1" fork neck I think :shrug::thumbsup: I'm not going to lose any sleep... Probably could find some short ones someware.

Biffmini

Thanks, for checking the zerk stash...
Those might be the ticket, same 1" fork neck I think :shrug::thumbsup: I'm not going to lose any sleep... Probably could find some short ones someware.

Biffmini

Well I'm finally able to give this project a little time. I picked up a hydraulic brake set up, needed some mods. On the caliper bracket.
I welded a pc. of metal so I could set it up for my needs. Gave it a little more stand off, & all's looking good.

Now I'm going to need a custom rotor1 1/4" bigger diameter & 1/2" axel, the bolt isn't going to good enough.
I'm trying to find someone that can help with custom machine work.

Biffmini

Well I'm making baby steps, a freind has offered to teach me to run his lathe & make my own hubs. Just a start.
20170913_192850-1.jpg
These hubs were a key part of this build.
I'm so glad to be moving forward on these.
Working on other mods as well.
Fork neck support & stop, from cardboard to allmost finished piece.
1506282047873-970910177.jpg
1506282112814-48005194.jpg